Chapter 4

I clicked my tongue and asked Roseanne what she was doing.

"What brings you here?"

"...I stop by to see what you're doing."

Roseanne must have heard that I said I found Libby.

Therefore, she must have come to Theresa with such a firm expression.

Besides, I was changing rooms, so you wouldn't be able to get anything without checking it with me for yourself.

I said lightly.

"I feel pressured to use this room. It's the best room, shouldn't Libby use it?"

"..."

Roseanne had a solemn posture with her hands clasped together neatly like a Duchess, but at my words, she scratched her delicate skin with her fingernails, revealing her agitation.

If the nails were just a little sharper, they would surely have left scars.

As such, Libby was a lump deeply engraved on Roseanne's chest.

"Even if Libby comes back... You should use this room. You're Squire's eldest daughter."

The corners of Roseanne's lips were trembling thinly as she said that.

The gaze staring at me was filled with deep distrust and doubt, and the pretty light green eyes were darkened.

It was sad, but I had no special sympathy.

It wasn't my family anyway, and the people here even threatened Theresa.

When Libby returned, there would be more candidates for the Duke's successor.

Theresa, who had no special features other than being the eldest daughter, would quickly be pushed out of the candidate list of succession.

But with the public eye, they couldn't just drag her down from the candidate list so they would somehow create a decisive flaw.

In the original scenario, Theresa was excommunicated from the family and had a miserable end.

'Even if it has nothing to do with the family, Roseanne will not stand still if she thinks that Therese is a threat to her daughter.'

I worked pretty hard on the Duchess's setup.

A mother who looks kind and gentle, but can put blood on her hands for her children.

Even if it means killing her stepdaughter.

It meant that even if I survived at the Duke of Squire, I could die unknowingly at the hands of the Duchess.