chapter 26

A/N: Sorry for the wait, but happy Thanksgiving, this chapter is 6000 words, so enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally got Wednesday to come back to the dorm room. I almost had to drag her kicking and screaming, but lucky me, she seemed to be in a good mood. Midnight rolled around when we finally entered our dorm, which meant we missed dinner for the second time this week, but lucky for us, I can make a somewhat decent dinner. "Hey, Wednesday. I'm going to cook some food. Do you want some?" I look over the edge of my platform to see Wednesday typing up a storm. "You know how to cook?" Wednesday asked with suspension and doubt clouding her eyes.

"I would like for you to know I'm an expert at cooking." I tell her with an offended expression. I'll show her… I hope so. It's been a while. And if I mess up, I'll use magic… I love magic. Okay, since I don't have a kitchen, I gotta use my reality warping magic. Let's make this quick. I'll just make something simple like spaghetti or something. We need tomatoes, onions, flour, and other things I forgot. Dammit. This is a lot harder than I remember.

I turn around to grab a knife, but I accidentally nudge the bowl of flour on the floor. The bowl makes a loud clatter, and for a moment, I freeze while holding my breath, and I focus my hearing on Wednesday, hoping and praying she doesn't hear anything. What a hopeless prayer. Typing echoes throughout the room, unflinching of the bowl clatter. I let go of the breath I was holding and cleaned up the mess I made. 'Hey Alex, do you want me to take over? You're a saint.' I let Scarlet take over, and she starts cutting and blending things together. She makes it look so effortless. I guess it's been about an hour already because when I turned around, I almost whacked Wednesday with a plate. "Oh sorry Wednesday i didn't know you were… standing there." When I finally got a full look of Wednesday, I noticed she was in her sleep wear and her hair was out of her braids.

Her hair flowed past her shoulder, having a shining glow to it from taking a shower. Her oversized black sweater drapes over her body like a blanket and pj's that resemble a prisoner outfit with its patterns. "H-hi." Is what trembles out past my lips. "Hello?" She seems confused at my sudden shy domineer. "Is it almost ready?" She questioned with an arched eyebrow.

"W-what?" Wednesday walks around me and towards the food. "It's surprisingly not burnt." Wednesday states as she grabs a fork near the stove. She eats some of the spaghetti. "And good." My eyes follow her every move. "Did you doubt me?" I ask, not fully involved with the conversation but instead watching a drop of marinara sauce slide down her delicate porcelain skin. "Yes, especially when I heard you drop something." Wednesday drags her pointer finger on chin, collecting the red sauce and putting it in her mouth with her finger. 'Ohhh, she wants you. Shut up, Vitoria. She's not wrong, lexa. Not you, too, Ana. Leave them be. Thank y- It only a matter of time before they FUCK! You know what?! All of you shut up, let me focus.' I roll my eyes internally before giving Wednesday a smile.

I lightly cleared my throat when Wednesday and I started staring too intensely at each other. "Ohm the food should be ready. I'll grab you a plate." I walk around her, accidentally brushing my hand against her's. My heart pounds against my ribcage screaming to be let out.

I begin to scold all the voices in my head, telling them it's too early to step over those boundaries. I grab two plates of food and set them on my desk. "Foods survived." Wednesday sits in my chair leaving me to create another. The atmosphere was tense at least I thought so but when I glanced over to Wednesday she seemed relaxed like she had everything under control. "So how are you going to apologize to Enid?" Her fork scrapes on the plate causing me to cringe inwardly. 'Shit. You've done it now. Don't tease her, vic.' "Well I mean you could apologize to her for you know." If glares can kill, I'll be six feet under. "No I don't know, what should I apologize for?" I look down avoiding eye contact twirling my fork in the spaghetti. Wednesday eyes soften into a blank stare when she realized Alexandria was getting anxious.