Chapter 24

A/N: This chapter is kinda long, so I had to cut it into parts.

-------------------

It was hard to get Wednesday to go to sleep with unanswered questions about who the Hyde is, but I somehow managed to get her to sleep, and it helped that she was exhausted.

For most of the night, I was connecting dots on who the monster was and who their master is. And now I'm 99% percent sure I know who the monster is, and then there's the ordeal of who the master is, but then I got Katerina to text me what happened throughout the night. When I finally got to sleep, it was already 4:45 in the morning.

●●●●●●●●

I woke up all of the sudden by a swift push to my downfall. My face made contact with the cold floor by Wednesday, who claims she accidentally/purposely pushed me off when she tried to wake me up.

I changed out of my sleeping clothes and flew down to Wednesday as fast as I could so she wouldn't stab me again.

I grab my keys from the bowl by the door and wait for her to exit before locking the door.

I let out a sigh of dread knowing today is the day I am going to confess the truth to Wednesday about being soulmates since it's been eating me out alive and you since she has the right to know. 'About damn time. Leave her be.' I roll my eyes internally, not bothering to listen to their bickering.

"Why can't you tell me about the hyde back in our dorm?" She asks through her teeth, shying away from the sun. "I need to go to a Home Depot to get building supplies to build the cabin in the woods for me and Katerina-" "Katerina and I." She corrects my grammar without faltering. "Right, Katerina and I... as I build it, I'll tell you all I know about The Hyde." We continue walking down the road when I decide to just rip off the band that is us being soulmates.

"Oh, by the way, we're soulmates with Enid and Katerina." I continue walking without falter trying to ignore the sudden tension. I hear her stop from behind me. At first I thought she might stab me which kinda made me regret giving her those knives but instead she started speed walking with kinda freak me out almost making me wanna run away but instead she grabbed my shoulder and then shifted her hand to grab my collar pulling me down with a dagger to my throat to make direct eye contact with her angry brown eyes but also holding something else. Hope? Maybe. "Tell me everything from the very beginning." I sigh, dropping my shoulder, giving her a small nod. "But first, get me all of your weapons."

She begrudgingly gives me her weapon, which includes 6 knives, 2 daggers, and a pocket mace. Half of these weapons were mine. "So I guess I'll start with my grandparents. As you know, I lived a long time but they lived 20 times my age. A long time ago, after the dinosaurs were killed and the world was getting replenished with life, that's when the first people began to rise, and so did their new empires along with a new order." I began the story of my life, which I have to explain a lot, but I'll give her little snippets since it'll take decades to get to where we are right now in time.

"For a while, people were normal until they started getting these amazing gifts out of nowhere, saying the God's gave them their abilities. After a while, people started calling those people witches or sorcerers, and at first, everything was going good... peaceful even." I let out a heavy sigh and remembered the stories my grandparents used to tell me.

"It was peaceful for a time, but then they started growing a blood lust for knowledge. That's when they started experimenting on innocent people for their own gain. They wanted to see how far their magic could go thinking they were some type of god who can discard innocent life as they please and that's when the first ever outcasts were born either they were werewolf, vampires or sirens." I shudder remembering the blood shed Dracula described to me, especially about how he used to find disfigured bodies all mashed up together and how he would stay up all night, giving them a proper burial.