Chapter 23

Scarlett
Victoria
Anastasia

Katerina P.O.V
We hear screams from Tyler, knowing it was already too late for him. I look around, trying to find something, anything that can help us understand what's happening.

When I heard guttural growls, I became more frantic at finding an escape for us. "The dumbwaiter. Go!" Wednesday pushes me and Enid in and closes the shaft.

The monster snarls at Wednesday as she closes the shaft, and Enid lets out a panic scream. "Oh, my God. Oh my God. Oh my God. -Enid, please calm down. -Don't tell me to calm down!" A look of regret crossed Enid's face when she realized she yelled at me. "S-sorry -It's fine." I begin thinking about our odds of surviving, and it's very low. 'Where's lexa when you need her'

That's when I remember Lexa gave me another card when the other one was destroyed. I dig in my packet, trying to get the card. "What are you doing?" I accidentally kicked Wednesday's leg getting her attention. "Lexa gave me another card to summon or messenger if we were ever in danger." It should be in my backpocket. "Aha! Found it." The piece of parchmentpaper was slightly crumble, but we can only hope it doesn't affect the message.

Narrators P.O.V
Alexandria's palm begins to open in a diagonal line, and blood begins to seep to the floor. The sword in her hand began to let out steam until it was a burning red. The sword started to melt in her palms, coating her clothes and hands in molten metal.

The last candle flickers out. And a single crumble card floats on the floor.

Katerina P.O.V
Wednesday glances back at us seeing our frightened faces. I began to hum softly to myself while rocking back and forth, trying to calm myself down and block out the noise the monster was making.

Wednesday starts taking off her snood and begins wrapping it around the latches.

Enid moves to stop her. "No, not your snood! -Stop." Wednesday tells Enid in a firm voice and lightly begins to push her back, stopping her from taking the snood away. The monster lets out a ferocious growl slashing at the shaft, almost getting Wednesday.

We stare at its dead, hollow eyes with baited breath. That's when we heard a loud bang getting the beady eyed monster attention.

"Oh my God." Enid softly whispered to herself, making me hum a little louder, praying to anyone who's listening to say us. Our flashlights began to flicker, as I became more frantic.

That's when we heard a loud crash. I whipped my head up, seeing the monster was no longer in front of us. Instead, something else took its place. A midnight black wolf stands in front of us, baring its teeth at the monster. 'Lexa?' Before I could get a better look at her, the rope that was holding the shaft let out a loud snap that echoes in my ears, plumbing us to the earth.

We fell for what felt like an eternity. When we hit the ground, we were launched out of the shaft. We let out painful screams and groaned when we hit the floor with a loud thud.

Enid and I immediately begin coughing out dust, trying to catch our breaths.

We hear the creatures growling and glass shattering from up above at the same time Wednesday tugs on something, turning a light on with a little click,

Alexandria P.O.V
I snap my eyes open, feeling more complete than I have in centurie. I took in a deep shaking breath as I began looking around expecting my soulmates to be here sleeping or something, but the room is completely empty besides one lamp that's on Wednesday's desk, giving some light to the room.

I slowly got up, not minding the molten metal that's on the floor, and I began to stretch. "Are you there? -Yes, we're here. -Where's our mates. -I don't know." I began looking around the room, trying to find anything that could give me some clarity. I look at a clock on Wednesday's desk to see it's only midnight, which makes me more worried about where they're at.