Chapter 36 Your Greatest Strenght Can Be Your Downfall

Start from the beginning

The pair then approached Gordon and Harrison from the front. Then, Dan appeared from behind them to join them.

"Let's surround him and attack him from a distance simultaneously. This will increase the intensity of our attacks and keep us safe from him from a distance!" Sam instructed

The four nodded in agreement and surrounded Seth while the smoke wore out. Once the haze settled, Seth noticed the five standing around him.

"Oh, what's this? It seems that they've decided to surround me. Let's see if they have what it takes to crack through my armored skin?" The former chuckled as he crossed his arms.

Diana held up her hand and gestured to a nearby car. She raised her right hand, her aura engulfing her. She lifted the car above her head in this manner, allowing rust to seep into it.
She hurled the car at him, as Sam opened his hands wide and shot a massive ultraviolet beam at him.

Harrison, meanwhile, turned to face Seth, and his right hand transformed into a rock canon. He shot many earthballs in the shape of cannons at him. Dan rested his clasped right hand on the top of his left hand.

His two hands formed the shape of a crocodile with its jaws open. He unleashed an enormous burst of flame while Gordon tucked more pocket knives between his fingers. He followed suit by throwing the piercing weapons at him.

*********

Then, a few moments later, the five integrated. They looked in Seth's direction as they stood together.

"Do you think that, that was enough to take him out?" Harrison inquired.

"I'm not sure," Sam added. 

Dread seeped into the five's souls as they observed; it sought to alter their courageous spirits into weary ones by any means necessary. 

They were unaware of the impending outcome, so for that reason alone, optimism was placed on hold. Diana's pupils dilated as a result, and Harrison's heartbeat accelerated. Dan gritted his teeth in irritation and hoped that their combined hits would be enough to take Seth out. Sam swallowed a hard lump while Gordon observed with a stern glance. preparing for whatever outcome.

The thundering sound of footsteps echoed from the haze of smoke that concealed Seth's status.

Eventually, the former stepped out of the shadows and faced the five from slightly afar.

"So, not even your combined force was enough to pierce through my skin. I'm fairly disappointed! I guess you've reached your tether. I suppose that it is my turn to have all the fun."

Once more, Seth clenched his fists as an emerald aura engulfed his body. This time around, there was green electricity surging across the latter's body.

"What is he doing?" Dan inquired.

"I think that he is charging his power, trying to reach even greater levels of power to paralyze us with trepidation," Gordon answered.

"But how can he do that?" Sam inquired.

After raising his power to the highest potential, Seth blasted a rushing beam of crystalline energy at them. Then, as the crystalline beam soared past them, the five moved from where they stood into distinct sections.

Gordon stood beside Sam at the left-hand corner of the road. The remaining three, however, were standing on the road's right side. They faced their backs to watch where the beam landed. 

Eventually, the beam struck a building in the distance. A massive explosion burst out, extending 130 feet into the air. The building's extreme heat caused several windows to break and smoke to billow out of it.

The five returned their gaze to Seth who smirked at them as his power was beyond their comprehension. Truly, he was a monster in his own right.

However, despite his formidable power, they knew that they had to surmount their fear and push deeper as well.

"What happened, how did he do that?" Sam inquired.

"I'm afraid that when we all attacked him, his armored skin absorbed the immense pressure that we exerted on him. As a result, he charged himself with that pressure and released it toward us," Gordon replied.

"How's that even possible, how can we even hope to defeat him?" Sam inquired as he raked a portion of countenance with his hand and sighed.

"Codexian crystals can absorb immense pressure, and as a result, they build electric energy. Given that our foe is a living breathing-absorbing mechanism, we need to find another way to defeat him."

"Oh, family, don't despair. Our battle has only just begun. You need not tell me that, that was enough to frighten you out of your wits. No, it can't be," Seth said with glee.

He extended his palms toward them and sent forth several crystalline beams. Sam took off from where he and Gordon stood, he clasped his hands over Gordon's shoulders and carried him while Diana quickly erected a barrier to keep the crystalline beams from flowing through.

There were many ball-shaped flames adorning the block of street that they were in. Given the direction in which he was traveling, Sam appeared to be retreating when he and Gordon took off.

Every five seconds, he turned to face his back in turn. It was a wise decision on his part, as he not only observed Seth's onslaught but also realized something. It became clear that the tar surrounding Seth's feet began to melt, forming stringy tendrils that stuck to his boots tightly like suction cups. 

Sam smiled as a result, but he fell into a string of endless thoughts. In turn, Seth noticed this and looked up, he directed his hand at Sam and fired a devastating crystalline beam at him.

"Sam, snap out of it!" Gordon lashed at him.

He shook his head and saw a crystalline beam soaring toward him with great pursuit, he evaded the attack by shifting to the side. He then landed on the roof of a nearby building and placed Gordon there.

When he released him from his grip. The two faced each other and spoke, "I figured out a way to defeat Seth," Sam said while Gordon crossed his arms to face him.

"Really now? Would you care to indulge me?" Gordon arched his brow with intrigue.

"Even though Codexian crystals absorb immense pressure and convert it into electrical energy, I realized that we could beat him at his own game."

A crease formed around Gordon's brows as he struggled to grasp his implications, "I do not follow."

"On this planet, we have a saying, that too much of something is bad. Therefore, I theorized that we should continue to attack Seth with all of our combined might. Even though we will be powering him up, in the end, his body will not be able to absorb the pressure as there will be too much of it."

Gordon laced his forefinger and thumb around his chin and nodded, "I see. So we fatten him up until he isn't nimble enough, how clever of you."

In response, Sam grinned with delight. He pressed a button on his earcom to contact Diana. And would you have it, she replied to his call. She, Harrison, and Dan concealed themselves between an alley as the street ahead was engulfed with a tsunami of flames, caused by the excess explosions from Seth's crystalline beams.

"Hey, Diana, how are you guys holding up?!"

She sighed wearily, "We're doing just fine."

"Good. I figured out a way to defeat Seth."

"Do tell," she replied as a smile laced her features.