Chapter 2 Grown Up, Caldor's children

18 YEARS LATER

New York is a thriving city in the body of America. It is known for being a financial, media, and entertainment capital. This magnificent city encompasses five boroughs that lie on the Hudson River. Its influence from the Hudson River is so significant that it even reaches the Atlantic Ocean.

Those touched by a burning passion to fulfill their dreams, or those who desire to feast their eyes on the glamour that is New York, eventually migrate there. Once they've tasted the sweet dew dripping off from the honeycomb, they realize the price they must pay before leaving the city, and that is the fact that they can never leave unless they are ready to be burdened by nostalgic memories.

New York is also home to one of the most prominent men, Samuel Anthony Austin. He is the son of the great Jeffery Anthony Austin. Jeffery Austin is regarded as an influential businessman around the world. He founded Austin Industries, a company specializing in making and providing the U.S. military with equipped, artificial arsenals. Sadly enough, Sam received a text from his butler about his father's dire condition. Therefore, he had to cancel his plans from Tokyo and rush back to the blue city.

A beautiful white jet landed on the tarmac of the airstrip. The plane had a logo titled 'Austin Industries' printed on its tail. When the aircraft door opened, Sam stepped out of it and walked down the stairs. He spotted a white tuxedo with white shoes. He wore a white flap pocket blazer with a rose sticking out from his breast pocket. His hair was brushed forward and pushed up in a voluminous form called a quiff cut.

When his feet touched the ground, he walked forward and came in contact with Jonathan, Jason, Reeves. Jonathan was his butler. He wore a set of glasses and had a tapered haircut.

Unlike his father, Sam had a close bond with Jonathan. Jonathan took care of him while his father was busy with work. You could say that Jonathan played a fatherly role in his life. This was evident when his mother passed away at a young age. Then, that's when Sam needed his father the most.

However, his father was not, and he was burdened by grief. It got to a point where he isolated himself from everyone else. Fortunately, Jonathan covered for him and counseled his son. Even though Sam's relationship with his father wasn't all flowers and roses, that didn't mean that they never had a bond. From time to time, Jeffery would spend quality time with his son as they'd travel around the world and visit many illustrious cities.

The two shook hands. They then enveloped one another with a tight embrace.

"Mr. Austin, I am thrilled to see you," said Jonathan, who patted his back. "It's good to see you, Jonathan," he replied sorrowfully.

"It's ok. I understand that you're troubled by your father's situation. However, you have to remain strong." He nodded as the two stopped hugging and got inside a black limousine.

************

When they arrived at the hospital, the nurse led them to his ward. When they got there, they found him coughing. With each cough, it became more difficult for him to breathe. Who could've thought that the great Jeffery Austin would be on the verge of death? The troubling implication about death is that it will knock on your door, regardless of your wealth and social status. Well, that was his case, as his life was leaning on a machine, life support.

Sam sat beside him while he slowly stretched his hand towards him. He held his hand and inquired, "How are you feeling?"

He coughed once more before speaking, "I've been better. However, I don't think I have much time left."

A tear stained his right cheek.

"No, please, don't say that. There is still hope. You've always told me to hold on to hope and never let it go!" He pleaded with desperation as he gently pressed his father's hand.

The Mighty ForceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara