Chapter 15 A Big Battle Insues

"You!" Dan hissed.

With furrowed brows and a stern tone, Diana asked him, "How do you escape from your cell? Did Seth have anything to do with this!"

Before answering them, he took off his cloak and neatly folded it. The cloak that he wore was an invisibility cloak. It aided him in accessing the ship without getting caught. He gently placed it on the floor and looked at his blade afterward. He gently rotated the dreaded weapon, admiring its sharp edges, and smirked. Smoothly, he traced the tip of his forefinger down the under edge of the blade. Then, he directed the double-bladed sword at Harrison.

"Not quite," he answered.

"What?" Harrison replied with shock.

"If it weren't for the secondborn, I wouldn't be here," he answered.

"Wait, is he talking about Sam?" Diana inquired before looking at her siblings.

Next to Gordon, there stood a mushroom-shaped machine. Like the plant, it had a metal stem supporting a cap. Based on its design, the shoot housed a network of wires inside, which were connected to the cap. 

The cap had multiple buttons. From his pocket, Gordon took out a hand. He placed the palm on the scanner. Harrison opened his mouth with shock while Diana crinkled her eyes and shook her head.

"Ewe," she responded.

Dan imploded with laughter, "This guy is nasty."

Once the scanner scanned the hand, the A.I. replied, "Access granted."

Gordon tossed the hand away and accessed the control panel. With a tap from a couple of buttons, not only did he deactivate the cell's power-dampening effect, but he opened their cells as well. They got out of their cells and glared at him; Harrison's right fist was made of rocks, while Dan's was coated with fire. Diana's left hand was covered with a wine-purple aura.

"Let me make this clear, just because Sam brought you here to help us escape, that doesn't mean we trust you," said Diana.

With his back turned against them, he walked away and commented, "Who said I ever needed your trust?"

Dan scoffed at her, "Now that was a burn."

"Shut up," she replied.

The four stormed out of the chamber and rushed down the hallways. As they advanced toward the port, they stumbled across multiple corpses. Many of these were amputated, and others were slashed in half. These were the corpses of Seth's soldiers. The walls were painted with blood stains, while the floor was flooded with a pool of fresh blood. Diana covered her mouth while Harrison watched in horror.

"Well...at least I now know where you got that hand from," the young lad chuckled nervously.

"You are disgusting," said Diana.

"Thanks for the compliment," retorted Gordon with a smile.

"What about Sam?" Dan asked.

"He said that he'll take of Seth. He'll catch up to us. For the time being, let's focus on escaping!"

*********

At the control room, Seth turned his direction toward the exit.

"You might have to excuse me, brother; a certain fool must be swiftly dealt with."

He trudged toward the exit. On his way there, Sam grabbed his wrist. Immediately, Seth turned his face to his back. A scowl filled his face.

"What is the meaning of this?" He asked, perturbed.

The Mighty ForceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara