Chapter 1:

"Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!" I scream in pain, clutching the sides of the hospital bed.
"Padme, you can do it, just keep pushing..." Obi Wan says, holding onto my hand as I squeeze it in agony. He's trying his best to hide it, but I can tell he's wincing.
I squeeze again, and I feel one of the babies being picked up by the midwife droid, who then passes them to Obi Wan. "It's a boy..." Obi-Wan whispers, smiling slightly.
I try to speak in between gasps. It's getting harder to breathe. "L-Luke..." I stammer.
I yell in pain as my whole body contracts with the effort of trying to push out Luke's sibling. My breaths are getting shorter now "Padme...relax...take deep breaths...keep pushing...you're almost there..." Obi Wan is looking fearful.
I take a deep breath then push with all my might, letting out both the baby and something that sounds like a cross between a gasp and a scream. The droid picks up the baby "It's a girl..."
"L-Leia..." I gasp. For a fleeting moment, I am relieved that the ordeal is over and that my children have been brought into the world. But then my whole body seizes up, and it's almost impossible to breathe. I sob in pain, and mutter "Anakin...why..." Then the world goes dark and I black out.

I've heard that as they die, people see their whole life in flashbacks. Is that what I'm experiencing now? I see myself as a little girl, playing with my sister, Sola. Then I see myself when I was Queen of Naboo, and when I first met Ani in the junk shop. I reminisce when I was Senator, and all the moments with Anakin when he was my 'bodyguard', the arena on Geonosis where I told him I loved him because I thought we were going to die soon...our wedding, the time when I told him I was pregnant. Then the bad memories, when Obi Wan told me Anakin had turned to the dark side, Mustafar...
The memories seem to fade into oblivion, and I am left in total, peaceful, silence. If this is dying, I think, it's not so bad. I stay in that state for an hour, a day, a week? I can't be sure. Suddenly, the darkness is disturbed by a faint, greenish grey light. It glows brighter and brighter, until I can make out what looks like ceiling lights. I can't be dead then, can I?

The world then comes into focus. I try to move my head but it's excruciatingly painful to do so. I can hear a kind of raspy breathing and am startled, before realising it's me. I seem to have some sort of oxygen mask on. What happened to me? I can hear someone talking in low, anxious whispers, but I can't figure out what they're saying. Suddenly the whispers stop, and I hear someone approaching. It's Obi Wan. He slowly removes my mask. "Padme...you're safe." He says in relief. "A-am I dead..." I whisper. Obi wan sighs "You almost were...but the Force saved you..."