Troubles (Edited 2/12/24)

"That was amazing of you Asher! Good job!" Melody praised Asher while huffing. She wiped the sweat of her forehead.

"Thank you Miss Melody," said Asher with a red face.

Everyone went over to surround Asher...everyone but Mason.

"I agree, you definitely left everyone to the dust. How about a high five!" Eve raised her hand towards Asher, but Asher look at it in confusion.

"Just slap your palm to mine," said Eve and Asher did just that with eager force.

"That was some skill boy, wish I can take you with me back to my village," said Mikhail.

Asher's eyes suddenly lights up from hearing that, but shortly it disappeared and the shines of his eyes dimmed.

"That is nice of you to say," he said.

"Did you come with anyone to this market?" Eve suddenly asked.

Asher seems to hesitate to answer.

"Yes, I did come with someone...my father," replied Asher.

Eve sighs in relief.

"That's a relief. I thought you came here alone. Well, that was a good game everyone. Hopefully, we can play each other again? Maybe the next  market day?"

"Yes, I would love to join in this game again," agree Harriet.

"I feel the same," said Mikhail.

Evelina turn to Asher.

"How about you? You were very good out there."

Asher gave a look of hesitance again.

"I'm not sure if I am able to come back here again," he said.

Eve suddenly feels sad.

"Oh well, I hope to see you when the market opens again."

Eve, her students, the Farling brothers, and Melody said goodbye to the 3 people from the other villages and parted ways.

It is now time for Eve and her students to head back home.

"I'll see you guys around sometime," said Eve to the brothers and Melody.

"Sure thing," said the brothers.

Melody came to her and gave her a tight hug.

"Can't...breathe," She struggled out.

"Yes! Let's hang out some time! Just us girls!" Melody said excitedly.

"Yes...I agree...please let go."

"Oh! Sorry about that!" Melody immediately let go of her.

Eve can finally breathe again.

Arlene and Melody have strong grips.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The four headed back home in their ox cart.

"Hey Mason, what is wrong? You seem  unusually subdued," Eve asks her youngest student, noticing that he became uncharacteristicslly quiet since the end of the basketball game.

Mason gave a shrug.

"It's nothing Eve."

"Nothing? You didn't even say bye to Asher! I saw him look at you in concern and you pretended not to notice," pointed out Kyle.

"I didn't pretend! I just forgot!" Mason argues, give Kyle a look of anger.

"Mason, admit it. You are being a sore loser!" Kyle continues.