Chapter 9

Zee remained frozen on his seat. He was just staring at the door where Nunew leaves.

"Well I guess I'd better be going also." Baifern said. She was about grab her bag in Zee's desk when the latter harshly hold her arm to prevent her from leaving.

"What does Nunew mean by that? How did this necklace ends up with you?" Zee said with anger evident in his voice.

"Let me go Zee. Didn't I tell you before that he ask me to return it to you? You have to believe me. I'm your friend." She was struggling to get away from Zee's grip but the latter just tighten his hold.

"Really? But from my understanding, its not what he was trying to tell me awhile ago!" Zee's face was a tint of red in anger.

Baifern can't help but to feel really nervous by the way Zee was looking at her. Never did she saw Zee got this angry. "Well, he's lying!"

"Or you did!" He harsly push the woman who ends up falling near the telephone on his desk. Baifern's eyes widens with what Zee had just did to her.

"He said something today that makes me think again. It makes alot of sense now. Baifern, I was consumated by my anger that I wasn't able to think rationally that time. I should have thought about it. I'm so stupid. All those years, Nunew love me so much." His face soften when he said the last part.

"Nunew was able to hide his feelings for me all these years to his closest friends. Even when we got together, he still chose to hide it from them even if I am insisting to reveal our relationship to everyone. He's very young and very much in love with me, I can see it in his eyes. He was probably scared that's why he choose to have our relationship a secret." He looks at Baifern and she can't help but to move backwards.

'But it was never a secret for me, Zee. I always knew about your feelings for him' she wants to scream to Zee.

"And now I realize that it is a little wonder why out of all people he will choose you to tell me his message. That he wants everything between us to end. That everything about us is a mistake. You know I'm stupid enough to believe you. Nunew is right. Least of all, You! You were never friends." Zee added his jaw quivers in anger.

Baifern didn't know how to answer that. She just stay on the side, with her knees trembling. "What's the truth Baifern? What really happen? Tell me!!!" Zee ask again.

His voice was low but dangerous. His eyes were in furry while he was walking closer towards her.

Baifern took a step back. "I will never tell anything to you even if you kill me. No way. All I can tell you is that I love you very very much Zee. Zee, I still love you. All this time Zee I still did. I am waiting for you like crazy that you will recover from your feelings towards Nunew. I'm still hoping that in the end its gonna be us."

Zee suddenly stops. "I thought we're friends..."

"Because that's what I make you believe so I can continue to be closer to you." Baifern started to cry.

"Forget about Chawarin, Zee. He already got married and have a child now. We've been together for years, its not going to be hard for you to love me again. Please."

Zee shook his head. He can't help but feel pity towards his friend. "Whatever relationship we had in the past especially during our last year in college is because you ask me to Baifern. It's what you want. But I'm sorry to say that I never love you. You know that very well. I never told you so. I never make you believe from the very beginning. It's always been Nunew from the start."

She started to loose her poise when she starts weeping.

"I don't really know what truly happen Baifern. But I will find out the truth in my own way. Maybe Nunew really betray me by marrying somebody else but I'm willing to forgive him Baifern. I want him back in my life. I love him so much. I'm willing to take the responsibility of being the father of his child from another man." Zee added.