Chapter 4

[Continuation of Flash Back]

"Zee." Nunew whisper his name.

The name which makes his young heart beat faster. He holds the pendant of his necklace as if seeking strength. A tear fell down his cheek and falls down on the pink paper he was reading. He gently wipes the letter using his thumb and then folded the paper and put it in a blue box that he kept in the nightstand.

Nunew can no longer hold the strong feelings he was secretly keeping inside. He wants to scream. What does Zee mean in the letter? It was not clear to him. Does he likes him too? So what if he was only sixteen? It doesn't mean that if he likes Nunew and he likes him back they will immediately get married right? What's the big deal with the age gap issue then?

Why is it possible for his P'Joss and P'Lydia and not for him and Zee? He couldn't understand what Zee was trying to tell him in the letter. He refuse to understand. Why does he need to wait? Why? Why? Why?

A soft knock on his door breaks Nunew's thought and quickly he wipes his tears and fix himself.

"Nhu, it's Mama."

"Just a minute Ma. I'm going down."

When he went down he saw James and Nat eating in the Dining Area with his P'Joss's friends. Joss and Lydia was in the living room talking. Lydia wave at him and Nunew walks towards her.

"Hey Nunew. I've been waiting for you. Your P' wants me to come with him at Zee's place."

He looks at P'Joss as if seeking for an explanation. "Oh. Zee was throwing a party. A double celebration. Well first because he graduates with honors and second he'll be leaving for Bangkok to manage their small business there. He also majors in Accounting right so he might review and prepare too for the board exam." Joss explain.

Nunew was frozen in the new information he just heard. Zee was leaving him. They will no longer see each other. Why does he was assuming that Zee will stay in Chiang Rai when they have a business in Bangkok? That's the reason why he takes up a Business course right to manage their family business. The thought of Zee leaving Chiang Rai was painful...

His heart was breaking.

"Nunew, are you okay? You look so pale." Lydia ask her friend worriedly.

"You want water Nhu?" Joss said. He was about to walk towards the kitchen when Nunew stop him.

"No P'. I'm okay. I just felt a little dizzy that's all." Nunew mutter in his gentle voice.

He can't believe that this is happening. He thought that Zee will always be around while he was figuring out how to grow up fast. Is this the reason why he wrote the letter? Because he was leaving him? Joss sigh and put his arms on his baby brother's shoulder.

"You're tired and hungry. Go to the kitchen and eat then go back to your room take shower and sleep." Joss instructed Nunew.

Nunew nods.

He turn around heading to the kitchen but then stop and look at his P'Joss. "P', what time is P'Zee leaving tomorrow?"

Joss look at him. "Hmmm. I think around 8 or 9 in the morning. He will just be using his car going to Bangkok. Anyway, do what I've told you. Eat now. We are leaving. I already tell Papa."

"Bye Nunew." Lydia said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That afternoon, Nunew was very gloomy. He didn't even spend time with Nat and James and just tell his Mama that he was not feeling well. He lock himself to his room. All he does was to think about Zee.