"You."

If I had a drink, it would've been spat out dramatically.

You know when you're so shocked or upset that you just start laughing? I started laughing.

"You so funny." I laughed shaking my head.

She wasn't laughing back.

I stopped and really looked at her. My heart dropped to my ass.

"Okay, joke over now." I chuckled nervously.

Why does she look like she's serious.

cvs.

"Why are you talking to me like that? You know I'm the mother of your child now, right?"

Ouuu this shit got me so tight.

"Awe, you mad?"

"Bro, shut the fuck up talking to me. I'm finna buy you this test, and you finna take it right in front of me."

She laughed. "Okay."

I hate my life at this point. Why this hoe so jolly about buying a fucking pregnancy test.

"I like this one." She said showing me a blue box.

"I don't care. Come on." I huffed.

She giggled behind me as I walked to the register. This is embarrassing. Why it gotta be an old lady as the cashier?

I know her old ass judging.

She scanned the test. "That would be 21.34."

I payed, and then we left.

walmart bathroom.

She smacked her lips. "This awkward."

"Man, so. I'm tryna to make sure you not just trolling."

"I'm not."

We could've just bought a test at Walmart, but we didn't know we was going here. We just needed a public bathroom.

She was not going in my damn house with a pregnancy test. She wasn't going inside in general.

Her house was off the list too cause her parents low key strict and don't even know yet.

So now we in the public bathroom in the handicap stall.

After all that, we stared at the two test inside the cup I asked for from McDonald's in the store.

"This shit better be negative." I muttered to myself.

"It's not, sir."

I side eyed her before looking at the timer to take it out.

"You weird as fuck for poking condoms and shit. I should sue you."

"My bad." She said with no empathy in her voice.

No way.

"You're so fucking weird bruh. I can't even comprehend the shit." I shook my head in disbelief.

The timer went off and she pulled the test out.

Both was positive...

next day.

"She said she was pregnant by me, so I said take a test in front of me. She did it. In front of me. She actually pregnant. I don't know if it's my baby or not, but I'm so mad. Plus, I was confused cause I never ever ever hit her raw, so I asked how the fuck this shit possible. Why this girl said she poked holes in the condom. This is not supposed to be happening. She's not supposed to be the one. If I had to be a teen dad, it would be with serenity but I don't wanna ruin her life like that, so no. But now— solana fuckkkkkk. I'm finna get in trouble— fuck that, I gotta raise a baby with someone I don't like? She deadass took in front of me. That hoe is crazy as fuck for doing that shit. I'm dumb for fucking her."

She just stared at me, shocked.

"I couldn't even sleep, I threw up, Bailey was concerned as hell. Like this is crazy. When I said I want kids, I did not mean now. I'm talking about way older when I'm all set. How the fuck ima take care of another human with a bitch I hate with my guts?"

"Nigga, you got a bitch pregnant?"

I smacked my lips. "No! she got herself pregnant. I was being responsible."

"Jacques."

"The whole school gone know. My whole life is ruined. It's not even like my family like her either. Bruh, we technically fucking family now what the fuck."

"Calm down."

"I can't calm down! Serenity come back in two days. This shit is gonna spread, and she gonna be hurt. Bro, solana."

I sat down on her chair with my head in my hands.

"You right, I'm sorry."

"What the fuck I'm finna do?" I groaned.

"That hoe is a hoe. She could be playing with you cause she butthurt. Didnt she always have that nigga gav around? It could be his baby. Not yours. Why she ain't tell you until she saw you at a party she didn't even know you were gonna be at? If she was really pregnant by you, she would've done some dramatic shit to tell you even if she was blocked. Like me personally, I would've walked to a niggas house or sum shit."

I thought about it, letting everything connect. I deadass forgot about him.

Gavin is the exact reason I never took her seriously, or cared about anything she had to say because she would do the shit with him.

Difference is, I didn't care. It was never going to be serious. Especially in that time period. All of it was just trying to get back at me for doing nothing at all.

"Shit lana, you might be right." I smiled.

"Duh."

We got gavins number from someone from school and decided to call him. She's a real life detective, I swear.

"Hey gavin. I gotta quick question."

"What?"

We looked at each other and she almost started laughing.

"You play too fucking much." I laughed after she hit the mute button.

"Okay wait, wait, wait." She collected herself before unmuting.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, uhm.. you got a baby on the way?" She asked flat out.

He paused making me a lil scared.

"Yeah. Why?"

Whew.

"Congratulations! Who the mother?"

That fake ass congratulations.

"Jayla.. why?"

WHEW.

"Rumors were coming up, and I just wanted to hear it from you. How far along is she?"

"Ion know, but she told me like a whole month ago."

"Okay great, bye." She said hanging up quick as fuck.

We dapped each other up smiling.

I'm so fucking happy the baby not mines. That would've been too much on too much.

"Been telling you stop fucking with them weird ass hoes."

"On my soul I'm done. I just want Serenity for the rest of my life." I sighed, staring at the ceiling.

"Ask her out!"

I smirked.