sudden

july 3rd.

6:29 pm

"Girlllaaa. We need to go on a Starbucks date. I just saw new drink combo, and it look so good." I said to lana almost drooling at this tiktok.

"Whenever. I haven't had Starbucks in a minute—

My door busted open making me scrunch my face up, but then I saw my mom crying.

"Lana, ima call you back." I hung up from my iPad and got off of my bed.

"Mama, what's wrong?"

"Your grandma passed away sweetheart. We haven't to go to Puerto Rico in a couple of hours." She cried hugging me.

Huh? Wait...

I started crying too after my mind slightly processed it.

We talked to about thirty minutes before she left to her room to go pack since the flight was at nine forty five. She told me to pack for a month.

A whole entire month.

Everything around me felt silent and in slow motion as I packed, but my mind was filled with memories of my grandma.

She used to do my hair, teach me how to bake and cook, talk to me about life, I did her hair, all the beach trips, and she's the one who taught me how to make all types of bracelets, and anything creative.

We went there every spring, Christmas, and the last weeks of summer which is so crazy because in a month and same change, we would've been already going anyways.

I know i will be crying more as soon as I get there. I'm just shell shocked I feel like. My heart is hurting more for my mom right now.

I couldn't imagine loosing her.

There's the tears.

I packed everything that I thought I needed before going downstairs to get bailey from her cage. Can I take her? I can't take her.

She barked when she seen my face, and tried to lick my tears off.

"It's okay baby." I slightly smiled. "You wanna go with jacq?" I asked realizing I didn't bring my phone down with me to even call him.

I picked her up taking both of us back upstairs to call him.

I called him and he didn't pick up.

"Oh no." I mumbled to myself.

He called back, but with a face time call.

"Wass— why you crying? What's wrong?" He asked scrunching his face up and looking closer in the camera.

"My grandma died, and I'm about to leave for a month at least and I don't know what to do with bailey. I think there's something extra you have to do to bring dogs, and I'm stressing out so bad. I would take her but I don't want her around a bunch of sadness, and like the funeral stuff. Could you please take her? I just want her to be okay." I babbled out.

He looked like he paused trying to digest everything I just said.

"I'm so sorry serenity. Yeah I can take her. You leaving like tonight?"

I nodded.

"Can I come see you?"

I nodded again.

He was in my room, hugging me by eight minutes.

I relaxed in his arms feeling safe and comforted. Like everything went away almost, but the feeling only reminded me that I'm leaving him which reminds me my grandma passed away.

Nonetheless, I felt more at ease with him.

"It's gone be okay eventually, I swear. She won't let you, or your mom be down forever cause she gonna look after both of you. Think of it like... you have an angel with you now forever. Celebrate her, and remember all the good things. I know it's hard baby, but I'm here for you. Call me whenever for however long, ima be there." He said in my shoulder.

He's right.

"I love you." I whispered.

This I love you felt different and I can't explain it.

"I love you too, Serenity."

He went to my mom's room to send his condolences for a couple minutes while I packed up baileys things.

All my mind was asking was why did my whole life just change like that. How is it— will it go back to normal? Is my grandma okay? In the spiritual world? Is there one? Is my mom going to be okay?

I wish I could've said goodbye.

Jacq came in the room with a few tears down his eyes and sat on my bed.

"I'm driving y'all to the airport, so it won't be a hassle." He said, ignoring the tears.

"Okay. You okay?"

He nodded. "I just hope y'all okay. I know y'all gonna be, but still."

I sat down, laying my head on his shoulder. "Promise you won't leave me."

"I promise."

My eye ball itch ok Gn 😊😇