𝐫𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞

Kie and I got in the boat before the boys pushed it off the beach and hopped in as well. John B looked at me as he got situated at the wheel, then looked away, then looked at me again. "I'm sorry, but does anyone else notice the new kid on our boat? Did we just pick up another Kook?"

"Another? You better not be referring to me as the first." Kiara shot back.

I glared at him even though he really couldn't see me do so, "And I'm not a Kook so please act right."

He laughed at me and let the boat fall silent for a while. I enjoyed being back with everyone, even if it was only for the night. I couldn't have asked for a better way to hangout, "Jay, are you going to talk or just gawk at Lou for the whole ride?" John B always made things so awkward for me. No matter what the situation was.

I heard JJ clear his throat like he was going to talk but we were pulling up on Rixton's so he had lost his chance. John B and Pope hopped off first to pull up the front and JJ hopped off to push the boat from the back before meeting me on the side to help me down.

"Sorry your dress got a little wet." He apologized as he held my hand to steady me through the sand.

"It's not a big deal. Just my mom's money anyway." He laughed at my statement as we joined everyone else. It was getting a bit chilly, so John B built a fire to keep me and Kie warm considering we were only in dresses. JJ attempted to rummage through his bag for a hoodie, but they were all damp.

Pope started talking and it surprised me it took him this long to say something, "My dad's already going to kill me, so what's this mandatory meeting about?" I looked between the boys who had been missing all weekend as the tension waiting for the response grew.

John B shot JJ his finger guns and wiggled his eyebrows, "Might as well tell them man, before we're gaffed."

"Hold on, do I even qualify for this information?" I was definitely going there.

"Why would you even ask that question? Of course, you qualify." Pope reassured.

I shrugged, "I've been out of the loop for the last 2 and a half months. The only reason I'm partially filled in is because of Kie."

"It's kind of hard to keep you in the loop when we literally have no service or anything on the island." John B argued with me. "You know, hurricane and all."

Kie was on the edge of her seat and wanted to know what John B and JJ knew, "Anyway, please continue before I throw up."

John B started, "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Here we go again with this." I could tell Pope wasn't a believer that they would find the gold. Honestly, it sounded a little 'out-there' to me too.

"Hear him out, alright?" Even though JJ wasn't talking to me, I nodded anyway. John B had a wild imagination, and I was ready to hear whatever he had to say.

"It's been here the whole time. It's been on the island."

I leaned in as he explained. Suddenly I was buying into it now, "I'd like to voice my skepticism." Of course, you would Pope. Of course, you would.

John B stood up and walked over to his backpack, "I'm sure you would Pope. Can I please present you with my evidence?" He reached in it and pulled out a letter from Denmark Tanny.

Now I was confused, "Who the hell is that?" Kie and I asked at the same time, giggling at how our brains were on the same wavelength.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave, that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." John B handed a copy to Kie and I looked over it with her while he continued talking. When we were done looking, Kie passed it to JJ and Pope.