𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤

The break was like our safe haven. When all else failed, we found ourselves at the break. Sometimes I surfed with the boys, other times I sat reading. This happened to be my time to sit and read. But instead of reading, I was thinking about Kie. She hadn't been around much since the party and I was kinda worried she ditched us again.

I kept my eyes peeled down the beach as I waited for any sign of her. Normally she'd be here too, but she hadn't shown up yet.

"What's wrong Lou?" JJ asked as he came and sat next to me in the sand. I had a strict rule that if I wasn't surfing, they weren't allowed to sit on my towel and make it wet for me. Most of the time, they opted for sand butts anyway.

"Have you heard from Kie?" He shook his head no.

"You haven't talked to her?" I shook my head no too. "I'm sure she'll show up." He reassured me and moved my book to see the title. JJ hated reading but always asked about whatever book I had in my hand. "And who are you today?"

"A teenage girl who lives next to a house full of boys and is crushing on one. But her mom doesn't like them at all." My Life Next Door had quickly climbed the list of my current favorites. I loved everything about it and honestly couldn't put it down.

"Ah, sounds like something you'd read."

"What does that mean?"

"You're always reading some sappy love book." I laughed at him and kicked a little bit of sand in his direction. He stood up and ran back into the water before I could answer.

We spent a few hours there before I couldn't take the chill anymore and wanted to leave. John B came running to me as the breeze pick up and I wrapped the towel around my legs. "Cold Lou?"

"Well it is March, shitbird." He laughed at the nickname.

"Don't worry, we're leaving." I nodded and took off toward the twinkie. I was still a little concerned about John B driving considering he'd only had his license for a couple months, but he hadn't killed me yet.

I waited for them next to the van and smiled when they were finally a few feet away. "Finally! I need some hot coco and my fuzzy socks." JJ laughed and went to put their boards on the roof.

"Its like, 60 degrees." he said once he was back down in front of me. I shrugged and climbed in the back of the van. JJ followed behind me and I rose a brow. Why wasn't he sitting in the passenger seat?

"I'm not an uber so one of you are gonna have to sit with me." JJ looked at me and motioned for me to take the seat. I rolled my eyes when I realized what they were doing. Why was it such a big deal that all of a sudden me and John B had to be some sort of couple?

When we reached my house, I grabbed my bag and got out. They waved and waited for me to get in the door before heading to who knows where.

Upon entering the house, I heard arguing between my parents. It was all they ever did these days. It confused me only because they were reaching the final stages of their divorce and I didn't think they had anything left to argue about.

Dylan pulled me in his room as I went to pass it and closed the door behind me. "How long have they been arguing for?"

"About 15 minutes. Your moms mad that dad let the boys come over last night." Dylan informed as I sat on his bed.

"Its literally not even her house. Like we are weeks away from their divorce being finalized and I'm starting to think she's just trying to find something to argue about."

He nodded, "I totally agree."

Our conversation fizzled out and I went to leave, but he called out for me again. "Have you talked to JJ about when he's coming over to help with the bike?"