I Meet a Certain Blonde Bastard

Începe de la început

Luke acted like this was perfectly normal behavior. He made himself comfortable on the sofa and propped his feet up on the coffee table.

Luke: Well, Percy, we let you survive another year. I hope you appreciated it. How's your mom? How's school? (turns to Theo) What about you? How's David?

Percy: You poisoned Thalia's tree.

Luke: (sighs) Right to the point, eh? Okay, sure I poisoned the tree. So what?

Annabeth: How could you?! Thalia saved your life! Our lives! How could you dishonor her—

Luke: I didn't dishonor her! The gods dishonored her, Annabeth! If Thalia were alive, she'd be on my side.

Annabeth: Liar!

Luke: If you knew what was coming, you'd understand—

Annabeth: I understand you want to destroy the camp! You're a monster!

Luke: (shakes his head) The gods have blinded you. Can't you imagine a

world without them, Annabeth? What good is that ancient history you study? Three thousand years of baggage! The West is rotten to the core. It has to be destroyed. Join me! We can start the world anew. We could use your intelligence, Annabeth.

Annabeth: Because you have none of your own!

Luke: I know you, Annabeth. You deserve better than tagging along on some hopeless quest to save the camp. Half-Blood Hill will be overrun by monsters within the month. The heroes who survive will have no choice but to join us or be hunted to extinction. You really want to be on a losing team with company like this?

He pointed at Tyson.

Percy: HEY!

Luke: Traveling with a Cyclops. Talk about dishonoring Thalia's memory! I'm surprised at you, Annabeth. You of all people—

Annabeth: STOP IT!

Theo: Leave her alone, asshole! And leave Tyson out of it!

Luke: (laughs) Oh, yeah, I heard. Percy's father claimed him.

What? How'd he know?

Luke: (smiles)Yes, Percy, I know all about that. And about your plan to find the Fleece. What were those coordinates, again...30, 31, 75, 12? You see, I still have friends at camp who keep me posted.

Percy: Spies, you mean.

Luke: (shrugs) How many insults from your father can you stand, Percy? You think he's grateful to you? You think Poseidon cares for you any more than he cares for this monster?

Tyson clenched his fists and made a rumbling sound down in his throat.

Luke: (chuckles) The gods are so using you, Percy. Do you have any idea what's in store for you if you reach your sixteenth birthday? Has Chiron even told you the prophecy?

Wait, what does that have to do with anything right now?

Percy: I know what I need to know. Like, who my enemies are.

Luke: Then you're a fool.

Tyson smashed the nearest dining chair to splinters.

Tyson: PERCY IS NOT A FOOL!

Before anyone could stop him, he charged Luke. His fists came down toward Luke's head—a double overhead blow that would've knocked a hole in titanium—but the bear twins intercepted. They each caught one of Tyson's arms and stopped him cold. They pushed him back and Tyson stumbled. He fell to the carpet so hard the deck shook.