FOURTEEN - "Dead by dawn!"

Start from the beginning

And those feelings hit her harder than Ellie's knees to her ribs. It winded her and almost made her lose grip of the gun.

Danny was right when he said they needed to stop lying to each other. He was right about a lot of things. Right about being twin flames and loving her and even right about stupid fucking Brian. He'd had it all pegged right from the start.

That wasn't all she knew either, for she understood she didn't have to hide anymore, not from the deadites and not from him, not when she'd spent the entire night baring her soul to him. She'd only ever bared her soul for him.

"Dead by dawn!"

And she'd just have to bare it a little more.

"Danny?"

The boy didn't answer, instead he tried ever so hard to pull her into him but the girl wouldn't move, she could only take aim as the deadites encroached.

"Danny!"

"Why won't it close?" Beth cried

Kassie however, was one step ahead as always, and climbing on her knees she tore her mothers keys from where they'd become lodged in the doors and just as suddenly as they'd thought the deadites had them, the elevator door slammed shut.

Finally! They were fucking shut.

"Jesus fuck!" Danny cursed. He didn't care for his best friends words he simply pulled her in around the neck and laid a chaste kiss to the top of her head.

"Where do we go from here?" He uttered once more, his back against the elevator wall.

Lyds didn't quite know what to say.

"W-What is that dripping? Is that blood?" Beth mumbled

"Why aren't we moving?" Kassie slammed on the buttons

"Oh my god..."

That was when they saw it, the blood flowing from within the walls, pouring in on them, filling the space so quickly that it reached their ankles. It was putrid and a deep viscous red, staining everything in its wake, and their bodies were no exception.

"Beth!"

"No way out! No way out!" The deadites called.

"Hold onto me!" Danny hissed, gripping one of the overhanging wires from the elevator ceiling the same way his Aunt and Kassie had.

"Danny!"

"I said hold on-"

"Danny!" L yelled.

He had to know. She had to be honest.

"What?"

"I-" She hesitated. It was now or never. "I only dated Brian to make you jealous!"

"What?"

"I wanted you! I-I think I always did."

"Lyds now isn't the time!"