TWELVE - "I'm sorry Kass."

TWELVE - "I'M SORRY KASS

TWELVE - "I'M SORRY KASS."

That hallowed night from there on became alike with what Lyds could only describe as quicksand.

A whirlpool.

A hurricane.

A tornado.

Each second gone quicker than the last and destruction served itself as the only reminder of the event's criminal wake.

Lyds found herself befriending those same repercussions of time the longer she stood in the Bixler's kitchen. The moment she'd heard the knife cut through flesh it only took a second for her to feel it herself, through her rib cage and through her lungs, knocking the breath from her chest.

Then she saw the blood pool at her best friend's feet and she'd never felt so breathless in her life, so faint even, she wanted to pass out there and then, but her body refused simply for the fact that Kassie would be utterly defenceless and alone. And so instead she felt the seconds reach beyond her grasp and reckoned herself defenceless at heart as she watched Danny slip away from her.

At least that was what it seemed to be.

"Danny!" She wailed, "Answer me Dan!"

"It's okay!" The boy suddenly replied stumbling backwards with terror in his eyes.

Nothing was okay.

For Bridget had risen once more, one cursed final time, all to put her family to death. Whatever had stolen her body found amusement in it all, that much was clear, as she let out a laugh from beneath her bloodied sheet, and pulled Danny's knife from it's home in her stomach.

She cackled even harder as she cornered him into the kitchen, forcing the blonde all the way back across the same counter top that had once been hers.

"Danny-" Lyds tried, moving right for him but he was quick to shoo her away.

"Take Kassie and hide!"

"No!"

"Yes L! I'm not giving you a cho- fuck!" He shrieked.

The knife went in, fast, tearing through the muscle of his upper arm, pinning him to the wood. The boy screamed out in agony, but however desperate he was to be saved he knew that he couldn't allow himself to be, their lives were more important. He owed them.

And so he let Bridget pull the knife out then, her sheet falling, ready to end him, taunting and prodding at his wound all the while. "Told you - Should've put the book back Danny!"