7/

"I was just chatting to your sister anyway how was the game? You played really well!" Popular grinned as he changed the subject awkwardly.

"The game was really good thank you, anyway come on Shy we have to go- It's mums dinner party!" My brother reminded me and I jumped up and waved awkwardly at Popular before walking to the car.

Game tres

Popular's POV

I walked up to the stand and bought a box of nachos, obviously for me and Shy to share. As I was walking back to my seat I got stopped by Trisha, why wouldn't she leave me alone?

"Remember our date in 7 days time Popular, because I'm sure your dad wouldn't want us to miss it!" Trisha told me slyly, and the way she said my name with a hint of venom made me want to say something back.

"Who says our future is planned out Trisha? Why are you so happy about this? This whole plan and set up date is ruining my chance of asking out the girl I really do like!" I spat at her as venom drifted out my mouth as I said each word, truth was I had a crush on a girl who I know would never like me.

I walked down to my seat to see Shy sat down, looking up and smiling then looking down immediately as if she didn't want to see the crowd around her.

"Hey Shy, I brought nachos, I was thinking how about we get to know each other even more?" I passed her the nachos as I asked her the question, she seemed interesting and unlike the other girls.

"Thank you so much, you don't have to be so nice..and sure I-I guess!" she told me un-certainty sugar coating her words.

"Okay, so you tell me a fact about yourself and then tell me something about you that no one knows...it can be like our little secret. So, I have a rich and annoying dad who controls my life, I am studying to be in the medical career and one thing no one knows....well I like this girl who is way out of my league and I try to tell her by putting across gestures like giving her food and drink and I try to talk to her but it's like she doesn't want to know me. I would ask her out on a date but she's just too shy around me at the moment!" I told her, and she looked up as I said the last bit, guilt in her eyes, if only she knew that the girl was her.

"Maybe you should tell the girl how you really feel...and I am studying to be a journalist, my mum and dad are split up so I live with my mum and I suffer from anxiety...but I don't tell many people that as it's r-really personal..only you and my mum know!" she told me saying the next bit in a whisper. I wanted to hug her so bad right now, she smelt sweet like sugar.

"Maybe he would tell the girl but his father is strict and has to control his life- wait a minute you said you have anxiety, is that why you are un-comfortable here?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah it is...anyway I have to go since the match has finished..I will see you tomorrow then?" she asked me and I nodded watching her walk away.