post-nap (jay park)

PUBLISHED ON 10/27/23

I slowly woke up to the feeling of familiar hands gently brushing my hair out of my face. My eyes fluttered open and I immediately rubbed my eyes. My boyfriend was in front of me, looking at me with loving eyes as he gently pulled me so that I was sitting up.

"Sweetheart, dinner's ready." Jay told me.

I nodded, getting out of bed and following him out of the room. We walked down the hall and to the dining table where the table was set and the food was plated.

"Jay, I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick." I told my boyfriend.

"Go ahead, honey." Jay says as he sits down.

I go into the bathroom and pee real quick. As I'm washing my hands, I notice how much of a mess I looked after my nap. My hair was a complete mess and no matter how much I tried to flatten it down, it wouldn't budge. My face was also a little bit puffy and I was wearing sweatpants and a baggy T-Shirt.

I thought about how I looked like this. Meanwhile Jay was out there dressed in nice pants and a button up top with his hair nicely done, looking good as usual.

I left the bathroom after drying my hands and went to the dining table, sitting by Jay, in front of my plate.

I started eating the pasta he had made and it was so good. "It's really good." I told him.

"Good. I'm glad you like it." Jay tells me.

After eating, I helped Jay clean up dinner and he and I cuddled up on the couch together, Jay in his pajamas too at this point. I was sitting basically against him as I rested my head against his shoulder, a movie on the TV in front of us.

"You feeling better after the nap?" Jay asked me.

"Mhm, much better but now I know I'm probably going to end up falling asleep late." I say.

"It's okay, I'll stay up with you." Jay tells me.

I gave him a look because honestly, I doubted that but I just smiled, "Alright."

And, just as I thought, at some point near the end of the movie, Jay had fallen asleep, his arm around my torso and my head still against his shoulder.