Katty nodded in agreement, her eyes firm with conviction. "We need to retreat, regroup, and come back stronger. Our familia's safety is paramount. We can't risk our lives needlessly, especially when we're not at our best."

Denki sighed, his shoulders slumping with a mixture of relief and resignation. "I understand your frustrations, Helga. I do. But Katty and Jugo are right. We're not retreating because we're weak; we're retreating to be more prepared if ever we face this kind of luck again. We'll come back once we recover. But for now, we need to prioritize our well-being."

Helga clenched her fists, her jaw tight with frustration. She glanced around at the faces of her familia members, seeing the agreement in their eyes. With a heavy sigh, she finally relented. "Fine," she said, her voice low.

With their decision made, the familia began their retreat from the 25th floor. Each step echoed with the weight of their choices and the unspoken determination to rise above their current challenges. As they ascended, they carried not only their wounded comrades but also the lessons learned from this intense battle.

.
.
.
.
.

As that was happening, a lone figure in the 29 floor was killing monsters left and right. It was Arthur, and in his right hand is a sword that shine a golden light, enveloping the area in extreme heat. The holy sword, Excalibur.

Multiple bloodsaurus charged at the lone figure, only to be cut to pieces with each one smoking from the heat.

"You're starting to get the hang of it." a chiming voice sounded inside of the lone figure head as he panted heavily from facing all of the monsters alone.

"Yeah, and I can do it even better without you yapping in my head with every move I make." Arthur spoke sarcastically, the blood on his sword evaporating.

"You're just a bundle of sunshine aren't you?" Excalibur's voice matched the sarcasm that its wielder exudes, making Arthur chuckle.

"Is this really necessary? Why do I have to solo dive this shit?" Arthur asked, a bit annoyed due to fatigue.

"Well to be honest, out of the three Theïkó óplo users... You're probably the weakest of the bunch."

"Well thank you for the moral support." Arthur grunted as he sheathed his sword to the side.

"Why thank you." Excalibur chuckled.

Arthur then stretched his body, he was feeling a bit rigid from moving non-stop now, and he was thankful because the Voltimeria, the monster that was guarding the 27th floor hadn't revived yet when he ventured into the dungeon. That would have been a headache to deal with.

"B.T.dubs, explain how I'm the weakest out of all the current users right now?" Arthur asked curiously. "I'm positively sure I'm stronger than the royal asshole."

"Why do you speak like that?" Excalibur was not use to how his master is speaking, there were even moments where Arthur would say some stuff that completely baffles the god-killing weapon.

"Not the point." Arthur shrugs. "Now why am I the weakest?"

"Simple, you lack resolve. The prince is at least narcissistic to a point that he'll do everything just to be stronger than any one of you, and don't get me started on how lucky Death is for getting that monster as a master."

"Death?" Arthur asked as he sat down beneath a tree to rest. "I thought you say that the spear's name is Beowulf."

"The thing about us Theïkó óplos is that each one of us embodies an aspect, something that gives us strength. For me its Absolute Justice, for Mistilttine, its Dominace, and for Beowulf, he embodies Death."

Arthur pondered on what he had learned today, but it still bugs him. "What do you mean I lack resolve?" He asked with a tone that is both playful and a but hurt by what Excalibur said to him.

"You lack obsession, unlike those two, who are willing to do everything just to get stronger, you go with the flow. The only reason your even here in the dungeon is because the god literally ordered you to dive in."

"Well, Lord Buddha can be pretty persuasive." Arthur shrugs, "and I don't need to be extremely strong to enjoy my life here. I already told you this when we first met, I just want a relax and carefree life."

"Then you shouldn't have plucked me out of my seal."

"Point taken." Arthur scratched his head a bit flustered. 'With the benefit of hindsight, I really should have just left this sword that was stuck on that stone.' he thought to himself as he sighed.

"That's enough rest, everyday, those two are becoming stronger and stronger, I can feel it. You need to catch up with both of them..." Excalibur urged Arthur to stand and continue diving deeper. 'I fear that something sinister is coming to this realm.' the sword didn't say that part out loud, truth be told, it liked this mortal. The way he lived is somewhat amusing.

And with that said, it must make sure that this mortal is ready for what's to come, because in the first time in a long time, multiple Theïkó óplo are active, and had found their master. And for Excalibur, those signs aren't really good.

"Fine." Arthur answered, forcing himself to stand back up. 'Just when I was starting to get comfortable.' He thought to himself. "God damnit, times like this are making me miss a bottle of ice cold coke even more."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 97 is done now, how do you guys like the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all.