"Hey Maya." She smiled. "Are you staying the night." Her faces dropped and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What happened to your face?"

"Oh um. Nothing, can you get Carl for me? And no I'm not spending the night."

She nodded slightly. "Sure hun. Be right back." She then closed the door.

A few moments later, it reopened and Carl appeared. "Oh my gosh, I was so worried. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah I'll be fine." I lied. "Can you take Oreo for me?" I asked, handing him the small kitten.

"Sure... but why?" He asked as I pulled my backpack off and pulled out the bag of food.

He took them and furrowed his eyebrows. "He can't stay at my place." I muttered.

"What happened?"

"It's a long story." I stated. "I should get going."

"Wait, can't you stay a little longer?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Do you really want to go back to that place?"

"I'm not going back there." I stated.

He paused for a second before saying, "Where are you going?"

I shrugged. "I don't know yet."

"Maya you got kicked out!" He shouted, grabbing my arm and pulling me inside the house.

"Yeah I know. I'll be okay." I stated.

He reached behind me and closed the door. "We're talking to Fiona." He stated, grabbing my arm and dragging me to the kitchen.

"Carl I really don't think it's a good idea-"

But ignored me. "Fiona, Amayas mom kicked her out. This is partly her kitten to and she can't just abandon him with me. Can she please stay?" He asked her, showing her Oreo.

"I dunno. This isn't another Bonnie incident is it?"

"Of course not. She doesn't even have siblings. Please." Carl practically begged.

"I thought that that might've been where those bruises came from. Is your mom?"

I nodded, pulling at the sleeves of my shirt. "But you really don't have to, I can find somewhere."

"Do you have somewhere to go now?" She asked, stepping closer to me.

"Well no but-"

"Then this can be your place until you find a place. We'll get you a mattress on the floor in Carls room eventually. Until then I hope you don't mind the couch. Maybe if carls nice enough he'll let you take his bed." She smiled.

"I'll do it." Carl blurted.

"Really..?" I asked as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Well yeah." She smiled then quickly dropped it. "You okay, hun?"

I immediately wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly. "Thank you." I sniffed, then started full on sobbing. "Thank you so much."

"Aw, it'll be okay." She muttered and hugged me back. "I'm sure Carl can empty one of his drawers for you and Debbie can give you some of her old clothes. Why don't you go unpack." I nodded and pulled away. I went to say one more thing but Carl pulled me away, dragging me up the stairs.

Once we got to his room, he also engulfed me into a hug. "Your safe now, okay?" He whispered in my ear.

I nodded, hugging him back. He pulled away and opened a drawer full of different smoking supply's. "Lucky for you I can just empty this drawer."

I chuckled lightly as he started shoving things under the bottom bunk. Once he finished, he stood back up, reaching a hand out towards me. "Lemme see your backpack."

I pull my back pack off and hand it to him.

"Is their anything fragile in here?"

I shook my head in which he opened it and dumped it into the drawer. He then tossed the backpack aside and closed the drawer.

"It's getting kinda late. You wanna go to sleep? I know your probably not feeling well."

I nodded. "Yes please."

"Alright, if you wanted, you could use my clothes for pajamas. My sweatpants are super comfy, plus it gets cold at night."

"I mean, if you don't mind. I only have shorts."

"Not at all. I have a black pair that are too small for me anyways." He smiled and rummaged through his drawers to find them. "Do you need a t-shirt too?" He asked.

"Um. I have a tank top so I should be good." I stated.

"Like I said, it's gonna be cold." He said, pulling out the sweatpants along with a maroon colored sweatshirt.

I smiled warmly and took them.

"I'll get a box for Oreo." He said, placing Oreo on his bed before walking out. I looked around his room, noticing all the pictures of him and his family around the walls before I sat down next to Oreo.

He came back with a big box at least twice the size of the last box. He also had some blankets to put in the box, along with two small bowls.

He placed the box on the floor at the foot of his bed, carefully setting it up.

Once he finished he stood up, placing his hand on my thigh to stabilize himself as he grabbed Oreo. He gave me a sly smirk making my face turned red as he pulled away and placed Oreo in the box.

"You wanna go to bed?" He asked.

I nodded. "A little bit. It's been a long week."

"Okay, I'll let you sleep." He smiled and walked towards the door.

"Thank you... for everything." I stated as he opened the door.

"Of course. It's what I'm here for, sweet dreams Maya."

"Goodnight Carl." I said and laid down, closing my eyes to try and get some sleep.