Chapter Five

After dinner, I thanked Fiona for the food but decided I should probably get going as it was getting dark.

"Lemme walk you to the door." Carl said and stood up. Why is he acting so weird? I followed him to the door and he opened it for me, leaning against the door frame.

"Can I walk you home?" He asked.

"No. I'm fine." I said and went to leave.

"Be careful, ok?" He smiled.

"Since when do you care about my safety?" I questioned, now standing on the porch.

"Since I'm trying to be a friend and not an enemy." He stated.

"Ok. Bye Carl." I waved and walked off.

TW!! MENTIONS OF RAPE

About ten minutes into walking, I felt a tight grip on my arm before I was pulled into the alley.

"Carl this isn't funny." I whispered as he shoved me against the wall. That's when I realized it wasn't Carl. I tried to run but he pulled me back and threw one good hit at my jaw, and I was out.

I woke up, god knows when but it was super freezing. I began to cry as I searched around for my clothes, but there was none in sight. Then a light flashed behind me and I quickly spun around, realizing it was my phone. Thank god.

I quickly picked it up and read the notification.

CarlGallagher added you on Snapchat!

He'd be the perfect person to text right about now, but I wasn't sure. I sighed and added him back. He texted almost immediately.

CarlGallagher: hey, did you not make it home? I came to see Oreo and you weren't here.

I side swiped him so he couldn't see that opened it, but then said fuck it and called him.

He answered on the fourth ring. "Hey." He muttered.

"Are you at your house?" I asked with a slight sob.

"Are- are you crying? What happened?"

"Um.. are you busy?" I asked. Ignoring his question.

"No, no I'm not. Are you ok? Maya where are you?"

"Look.. I don't mean to bother you but can you bring me clothes? I'm in the alley by the corner. My legs hurt so bad, everything hurts."

"Oh.. my.. god. Maya, were you raped?" He whispered the last part.

"I-I think so, just please hurry." I cried harder.

"Ok, lemme grab some of my clothes and I'll be right there ok? Can you stay on the phone?"

I nodded and said, "Yeah."

"Ok. When did this happen?"

"Just after I left your place.." I whispered. "He knocked me out. And here I am."

"I'm on my way, stay there."

After a few minutes, he appeared in the entrance, so I hung up the phone. "I got a t-shirt and some shorts, is that ok? I figured once you get home you could put some underwear on or whatever."

"I'm really sorry for bothering you, I know you hate me and shit and I'm really really sorry. But thank you so much." I began to cry harder in which he cupped my cheeks with both hands. "Hey, look at me. Im not going anywhere ok?"

I smiled slightly and he turned away so I could change. I pulled the shirt over my head and pulled the shorts on.

"Do you need help getting home?" He asked.

"I-if you don't mind.." I muttered.

"Not at all, can you walk?"

"I-I... I dunno. It hurts really bad but I can try." I went to stand up but Carl stopped me.

"Here." He said and scooped me up in his arms bridal style and began to carry me home.

Once we got home, I reached out and opened the door so he helped carry me up the steps and into my room. He set me down on my bed and covered me up before sitting down on the other side of me. "Do you want me to go?" He asked.

"I don't know.. I don't want to bother you more then I already have."

"It's no problem. I'll just call Fi and tell her what happened."

"Tell her everything?" I asked.

"Do you not want me to?"

I shrugged. To be honest i couldn't care less.

He sighed and called her. "Hey Fi, I'm staying at a friends house tonight."

*pause*

"Uhh.. Maya." Carl stated.

*pause*

"Fi, we're barely even fr-" she cut him off.

"Fiona!" Carl practically shouted. "She was.. she was raped and I wanted to stay with her."

There was a long silence before I finally heard her muffled voice.

"Ok, bye. I love you too." Carl rolled his eyes then hung up. "She said I could."

I nodded in response and held my stomach from the pain.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me."

He was silent for a few minutes before I spoke up again. "I'm really really sorry Carl. For calling you that is, I didn't know who else to call an-"

"Maya. Stop." He said sternly. "It's fine, I really don't mind."

I sighed. "Can you get Oreo? And the syringe thing?"

He nodded and stood up. "Oh by the way. Fiona said she'd get some cat food tomorrow morning. And it's the weekend so."

He placed Oreo on my chest along with the syringe. "Why don't you feed him?" I muttered.

Carl smiled and instantly took Oreo from my chest and placed him in his lap, then he grabbed the syringe. "So like this?" He asked.

I looked over and nodded. "Yes, but be gentle."

"I will." He smiled.

I slowly drifted off to sleep watching him feed Oreo, which was the cutest thing ever.