Chapter One

I sighed when I walked into the gas station to see my arch nemesis, Carl Gallagher. We've hated each other since forever.

The one day i come in here alone. He rolled his eyes once he seen me and said, "Yeah that's everything." To the cashier.

I hit my shoulder against his as I walked by, going to the candy isle.

"Skank." He muttered in my ear as I walked by. I watched from around the isle as he grabbed his stuff and left. God I hate him so much. We've had a few fights but we try to keep them planned and in low areas because, men can't hit woman. And I'm not trying to get him assault charges, that's not fare. We barely have full fist fights until he actually pisses me off or if I piss him off. But they've gotten pretty bad before.

My favorite spot is down by the tracks, he prefers the alleys. But he's so fucking annoying and is always doing something to ruin my day. I wish he'd fuck off.

I paid for my candy and walked out of the gas station. As I was walking home, I heard a small meow coming from the alley. Normally, I wouldn't trust it.

Buts it's a fucking cat!

I smiled in excitement and went into the alley to search for it.

I found a small black and white kitten in the box at the end.

A kitten.

How can someone be so cruel.

I sighed in disappointment and pulled the kitten into my jacket to keep it warm. "Hey, little guy." I said softly. I have to help him. "I'm gonna name you Oreo." I smiled, referring to his black and white coat. He meowed in response as I walked out of the alley.

As I rounded the corner to my house I seen Carl standing with someone, talking. Why is he everywhere?

I didn't do anything to annoy him this time, mainly because I couldn't fight with a kitten in my jacket. He furrowed his eyebrows at me as I walked away, not doing anything.

I heard him say, "I'll catch you later." To his friend and then, footsteps behind me. "Ay, Murklins. What's up with you?"

"Not now, Gallagher. I'm busy."

"Can't be too busy or you wouldn't have shoulder checked me back there. Asshole."

I just ignored him and kept walking.

"Bitch." He taunted.

I sighed and tried to walk fast.

"Whor-" He began to say but I whipped around so fast i almost go whiplashed.

"Don't, fucking say it. I actually am busy for your information. And I have better things to do they hang around with a juvenile delinquent." He hates when I bring that up, and almost as soon as I said it, I regretted it.

He grabbed my shoulder so I spun back around and he punched me square in the face. I fell back a few feet and put my hand up. "Carl wait! Please, I have a live animal."

He went to swing again. But caught himself. "A-  a what?"

"A kitten. Not right now ok?" I said, showing the kittens face.

"Fine. Meet me tomorrow after school at the train tracks. You piss me off." He demanded and turned away walking in the direction of where he came from.

"The feelings mutual, asshat." I grumbled and walked away, heading to my house. My mom was on the floor puking from her drunkenness so I just hurried passed her and up to my room where I locked the door behind me.

I put Oreo on the bed and went to my computer to figure out how to take care of him. I grabbed milk from the fridge and made him a syringe of milk then went back upstairs to feed it to him. He seemed to like it so I gave him another one and continued to do that until he wouldn't eat it anymore.

Then I heard a tap on my window. I tried to look through the closed curtain, but I couldn't see anyone. I set Oreo down on my bed and gently wrapped him in the blanket before grabbing my blade from my nightstand and walked over to the window. I fidgeted with my knife in one hand and opened the curtain with the other.

No one was there so I put my knife on my window sill and opened the window and as soon as I did, Carl appeared in the window. "Boo."

"What the fuck are you doing here? It's past curfew." I said angrily. "And my moms home."

"Who gives a damn about curfew, plus I ain't here to fight. I just wanna see the little guy." He said, nodding towards my bed where Oreo was crawling around.

"No. Your too much of a pervert for me to let you in my room."

He rolled his eyes hard, something he learned from me. "Your not my type. I like pretty girls."

I glared at him and stepped away from the window with my arms crossed over my chest. A huge smile formed on his face as he jumped into my room. "This doesn't make us friends, Gallagher."

"Please. I'd make you mine before I made us friends." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed, pulling Oreo into my lap.

"He's adorable. Where'd you get him?" He asked, messing with his paws.

"The alley way, this morning when you were being a douche bag, that was right after I found him."

"Douche bag?" He scoffed. "Whatever. He got a name?"

"I've been calling him Oreo but I dunno."

"Aww. Hi Oreo." He said in a baby voice.

"Your such a child."

"Do you always have to be a bitch?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Mouth breather."

"Yeah, that's why your eyebrows are uneven."

I glared at him again and just looked down at Oreo.

"Can I hold him?"

"Yeah. Whatever. Just sit down so you don't drop him, knowing your clumsy ass."

"I am not clumsy." He stated and sat beside me, taking Oreo from my lap. "Lemme keep him tonight."

"Fuck no. I found him and you'll end up killing him."

"I would not, I'm good with animals."

"I highly doubt that." I rolled my eyes. "Now you should go home."

"Aw man. I was hoping I could stay a little longer." He smirked and placed his hand on my thigh.

"Okay, now you really need to go." I said and took Oreo from him, pushing him towards the window.

"I'm going, I'm going. Quit pushing." He said and climbed out the window. I closed it behind him and grabbed my knife that I apparently left and tossed it on my night stand.

I found a small box that he could stay in and put a small blanket inside for him to sleep on. He's gonna piss all over it, eww.

I just sighed and put the box beside my bed before placing him in the box. I then climbed under my covers and drifted off into a much needed sleep.