Chapter 2: Valentine's Day

Notes:

I sincerely apologize in advance if the pacing of this one is very convoluted, as this keeps jumping from one setting to another. As well as I'm very sorry if some of the more prominent parts of the movie are brief/rushed (like when the gems are cured from their rejuvenation and they have a song to go with it), as I redid the entire movie's plot for the sake of filling the plot holes the original story left (and for adapting to this story's unique feel and theme).

As you may have known from the first chapter, I don't give a lot of characters screen-time other than Steven himself and other important plot-driven characters (example: the Diamond Authority). But I guess you could make the argument that it's always been like that in the show, 'cause the series is named after Steven Universe - so it innately makes sense why he gets the most screen-time out of everyone else.

Further more, new characters are also introduced from the games (except for one particular character that many would know as soon as you see her - depending if you read my other stories of Steven Universe) and before you comment down below saying that their personalities do not align to how they acted in the games, I know that because I never played the games and instead made them differently. And honestly it shouldn't matter since not everybody played the games (including me).

However, in contrast, I find it really upsetting that the games covered the whole 'not every gem will like Era-3 and will rebel' plot that every fanfics write about and the movie and Future doesn't even acknowledge that. The only reference we get from the games is Squaridot's cameo in Future. And while I won't be covering that topic much in this story (mostly because I'm supposed to write a different story that what Rebecca wrote), I will make sure that it definitely happened instead of ignoring it's existence entirely. 

3rd Person P.O.V.

November fourteenth is the day of Ruby and Sapphire's marriage. It's also the same day Steven Universe went to Homeworld to change it for the better that night. When dawn came and all the gems were cured from corruption, Steven returned to Homeworld to discuss the remaining pressing matters with the Diamond Authority.

After a few hours in the conference room, they resolved the issues in a calm manner. Steven would build a little town for the gems that no longer wish to live on Homeworld. He would also help settle their economic problem - creating a debt forgiveness act that absolved all of the losses that occurred during the gem war.

Now Homeworld is back on its feet while trying to regain its losses by solely focusing on technology development and equipment to replace their old ones. This includes new injectors, hand-held weapons, collars and controllers. 

As for Homeworld's hierarchy, it has been reduced to a more tame solution rather than the strongest thriving off of the universe's behalf. Of course, not all gems liked this approach and preferred Homeworld's original covenant - and then they were directed to speak to Steven Universe himself about their disgruntlement; and many did not take him up on that.

After his display in November, nobody was brave enough to challenge him - unless it was someone like Jasper, Aquamarine, Eyeball, etc. But none of those gems have been seen after that night, but there are quite a few gems that Era-3 breeds to become Steven's new generation of enemies.

A reddish pink Pyrope arose from the birth of Era-3, and has actively been attempting to kill Steven Universe through many means - not directly, of course. She has gathered gems who were against Era-3 and sent them to assassinate him. They all failed, and were sent back to Pyrope battered and damaged.

But Pyrope kept doing that throughout the rest of the year, even on the holidays. She sent gems armed to the teeth with gear, and he sent them to her back with no gear and defeated. She wasn't fruitlessly sending them to kill him, she had ulterior motives behind her requests.