Epilogue I: Oaklynn's Pov

Začít od začátku

"Private." Rebel says, and Kane takes it off of speaker.

While they are talking, I zone out watching the world pass by, and wonder why the hell my younger brother is calling Kane. It's not unusual for them to message each other, but it is unusual for them to call. A million things run through my mind of what Rebel would need to talk to Kane about. I'm assuming it's a girl because he's never really talked to me about them unless he wants to know how to win her heart.

"Okay. TTYL." Kane says, and my eyebrows furrow. Kane doesn't talk like that unless he's had one too many, and even then he doesn't say 'TTYL'. "Holland hasn't answered Rebel, and he wanted to know if I've heard from him because he's supposed to be helping plan some date." Kane explains to me, and I nod.

We fall into a peaceful silence for about five minutes, then Wren's phone starts ringing. "God, aren't you two popular today?" I mumble, and thankfully neither one of them heard me. I block out Wren's conversation as best as I can, and zone back out. While I wait for us to reach whatever food place we're going to, I mentally run through my clothes to figure out which outfit would be standard for tonight.

"Holland said to get Oaklynn food, drop her off at the house, and then go to the spot where the party is. Ivy will be by like twenty minutes after we drop Oak off to help her with the outfit fiasco." Wren tells Kane, and Kane nods, replying to him but I don't bother listening because they are talking about as if I'm a child and not sitting in the back seat.

Kane pulls into some fast food restaurant, and orders food for all of us. Again, not bothering to converse with me. He pulls up to the window, pays, and gets our food. "Chicken and large fry is Oaklynn's, so is the ranch and sweet and sour. Your's is the burger." He tells Wren, and Wren starts taking out the food.

"You didn't get anything?" I question, and Kane shakes his head no. "Well, thank you. I have my key, so you guys can drop me off on the curb and be on your way. I love you guys, but any more time with you, and I will have a damn murder charge." They both let out a light chuckle, and I ignore it because I'm not joking. There are only very few people I can be around all the time, and that list is three people long.

Our drive to the house is silent, and the moment Kane turns down our block, I'm ready to jump out of the car. He pulls up to the curb, unlocks the doors, and turns to me. "Make sure you lock the door. Ivy will be here in a while to help you get your outfit picked, so make sure you shower before then. And lastly, take a nap. You're a bit cranky."

I roll my eyes, and gather my stuff from the seat. "Don't worry about me. I'll eat, shower, and nap. As for the door, I've been staying alone since I was seven." I remind, and I see his eyes roll from the rearview mirror. "Keep doing that, maybe you'll find your brain," then I turn to Wren, "Tell Holland to call me when you see him, and to be too much of a pain in the ass." I blow both of them a kiss, and exit the car.

The moment I am inside the house, I let out a long breath that made me feel relaxed. Making sure I locked the door, I drop my bag and kick off my shoes, and then head up to my room. Since Ivy is coming to help pick out my clothes for tonight I decide to turn on Law and Order for the millionth time, and munch on my food.

"Oaklynn James! You better have been fed, showered, and napped! If I come up there and you're not, we're going to have issues!" A female's voice yells, and it takes my mind a minute to register that it's Ivy's voice. "I swear to God, you better have a damn good explanation as to why you aren't answering your phone."

My eyes shoot open at the same time my bedroom door flies open. "Sorry, I guess I fell asleep. I haven't showered, but I have been fed. I must have fallen asleep after I ate, sorry." I give her a sleepy sheepish smile. "You can pick out my clothes while I shower. It won't take long, I don't have to wash my hair." I offer her the last bit of information, hoping it'll lessen her anger.