1.

The sound of shuffling of papers, creaking of shoes against the white marble floor along with the sound of opening and closing of the tempered glass doors can be heard inside the 23rd floor of VANTE CORPORATION. Office walls covered in white paint, decorated with impressive canvases, high false ceiling which gives a versatile stylish look and full length glass window panes, combined together to enhance the expensive vibe of the office room. From employees being indulged with their specific jobs to the informal staffs running from floor to floor holding either a tray of tea cups or coffee mugs for the workers, everyone is busy in the company.

Hands furiously typing on the black metal keyboard and eyes fixed on the computer screen, Jeon Jungkook, the assistant manager of the designing department is busy writing an email. After completing his course of fashion designing from the prestigious institution, Seoul National University, Jungkook was offered a job as a fashion designer in one of the famous clothing company, "VANTE CORPORATION". The mentioned male was beyond delighted. A middle-class boy with lots of dreams and aspiration has finally succeeded in making his parents proud by earning the title of an employed man. Life couldn't be any better right? Not for Jungkook though.

The joy of getting himself a job in the said company didn't last longer. Two months after working for the company, Jungkook got to know about his demon boss. Rumors of him being a total asshole for firing people, humiliating them for mere reasons made Jungkook afraid of his boss. But you know what, there is a saying 'the more you fear something, the more it would happen' and so happened with him.

The boss was in LA to make a deal with one of his important clients, as per Jungkook, he knew that the man wouldn't be back until the next week. Jungkook had been celebrating the joy of his new job with his best friend Park Jimin on a week day, and eventually got up late the next day. Jeon had hurriedly dressed himself and had ran off to his work place but eventually was late by half an hour. But what he didn't know was that his boss would be waiting in his cabin, clad in a blue tuxedo, sitting on the sofa sipping his americano. As soon as he entered the cabin, his doe eyes widened in disbelief.

"Tsk tsk, aren't you a little too early for office, Mr. Jeon?" the deep raspy voice of the boss made a shiver run down Jungkook's spine. Sharp almond eyes pierced through the boy's skin.

"Sir Kim, please take my apologies" Jungkook had bowed his head, feeling guilty for not being able to reach on time and making his boss upset.

"I don't take apologies Mr. Jeon. There is no place for lazy people in my company" husked the man sitting on the sofa, hair styled in such a way, making his forehead on display. The man clenched his jaw tight, cheek muscles flexing, he examined the young employee from head to toe before standing up.

Shit. He was doomed!

"I a-am sorry, Sir. This won't happen ever again" Jungkook pleaded, voice tensing alerting himself about his nervousness. By now, Jungkook could feel the whisperings outside his cabin, he knew they were discussing about him. He knew people outside maybe pitting him for his situation which he himself is responsible for. Maybe his reckless attitude made him suffer today, maybe he should have had stayed home the day before, maybe he shouldn't have had a shot of tequila with his best friend, maybe just maybe he wouldn't have woken up late in the morning, then this wouldn't have happened with him in the first place.

"I want my employees to be punctual. Time is money, Jeon, once you loose it, you will never get it back" with that being said, the latter walked past the young recruit, his left hand in his pocket and right hand still holding the americano.

Phew! That was close-

"Jeon, Jeon? Are you even listening?" Jungkook was dragged out from his thoughts by a sudden jerk on his shoulders.