Chapter five

Hello lovlies! I am back with a new chapter! I finished everything and I finally have some free time on my hands so I will start uploading more. Love to you all!
————————————————————————

As Lloyd woke up you and Javier were standing next to his bed. You were so relieved that the man finally woke up that you almost wanted to cry, but your feelings were short-lived because your dumb husband decided to wake up with his thug of a smile.

You sighed as you approached the bed, kneeling down next to it as you touched your husband's hand. "Lloyd you just woke up," you spoke gently to him as you helped him in a sitting position. "Stop scheming for just a day and let your body and mind recover."

The woman's words were gentle but firm, she picked up the glass filled with water from his nightstand and handed it to him. He took it from her and chugged it, it seemed that he was thirsty.

As you went to open the window you heard multiple cries from the people of the Frontera estate. Though those were not bad cries, they were praising the young lord, your husband, for his good deeds.

You continued looking down with a soft smile, and that's when you felt someone behind you. It was Lloyd. You almost began scolding him that he got out of bed but his expression stopped you. For once in his life he had a gentle smile on his face.

"Am I that handsome?" Of course, he had to open his mouth and ruin everything and start teasing uou. Your eyebrows furrowed and you puffed out your cheeks as you looked up at him. "Don't ever make that kind of joke." You teased him back as you turned to look at the people once again.

You then felt a hand snaking around your waist. Your shoulders tensed as you looked up at the man with a confused look. "Don't tell me you're going soft on me now" It was your turn to tease him, trying to ignore the feeling in your stomach. "You were the one that remained the whole week next to my bed. Are you perhaps going soft on me?" He whispered those words into your ear as he leaned down, his frame towering over yours.

You could only chuckle at his statement, since he just woke up you decided to excuse his behaviour. Only for today though. You shook off his hand as you closed the window. You then turned around and pointed to the bed. "You need rest."
————————————————————————
"Is all of this necessary?" The man spoke as he now laid in bed. You basically forced him to sit down and you would not let him get up. You had a tray with a bowl of soup in your lap as you fed him carefully. "Yes it is necessary." 

You sighed softly, you looked at Javier and motioned for him to leave the room. Javier looked a little stunned and he almost wanted to say something but he decided to listened to you nonetheless.

"When do you want to go back into the mine?" You asked him, taking another spoon of soup and bringing it to his lips. "As soon as possible." He answered before taking the spoon into his mouth and eating the soup. "You won't listen to me if I tell you to rest more?" The man grinned at her. "Nope!" The woman made a sour look as she forcefully shoved another spoon with soup into his mouth. "Moron."

The man just smirked at her and shrugged his shoulders, he took the spoon out of his mouth as he leaned his back to the beds headboard. "If you go, I'll go too." Loyd's eyes almost shot out from his orbitals when he heard your statement. "You can't possibly go it's not-" "I don't care Lloyd" She spoke sternly as she looked up at him.

"It's not safe" He repeated once again as he looked into your eyes. "It is, you made it safe." The man formed his lips into a thin line as he averted his gaze. He remained like that for a solid minute as he pondered your words. "Fine. But the moment danger arises you will leave. I can't afford to loose my funds." You chuckled softly. "And I can't afford to lose my father's wish either."

The man gave you a soft smirk, his shoulders now more relaxed. "Make a promise to me." You spoke as you held out your pinky finger to him. "I will promise to not get hurt and you will promise me to not get hurt." She explained the promise as she waited for him to link his finger with hers. "Deal?"

The man looked down at her extended pinky and then back at her a chuckle escaped his lips as he linked his pinky finger with hers, a droopy smile present on his face as he sighed softly. This was all too childish for him but who was he to refuse? "Deal."

And with that, the two of them made their first promise. Let's hope that they can keep it.