Part 4

I guess this is gonna be a semi-weekly thing? I don't know. If I update, great, if not, I'll get it to you at some point. Hope y'all are enjoying this thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head throbbed and I groaned. Knocked out twice in...how long has it been?

I blinked back the black dots threatening to take my vision. When I was finally in control, I looked around me.

The room I was in was shed-like in a way. I had gotten lucky with the room's size; any smaller and my claustrophobia would have been triggered. It was still extremely uncomfortable.

My weapon had been taken from me. At least my hands and feet were unbound.

Pacing frustratedly, I wondered how I got into this mess.

                                                        --------------------- flash :: back ---------------------

Disconnected from what Evie was complaining about, I absent-mindedly kicked a rock down the patrol path. I didn't hear the noises until Evie shook the bejeezus out of me.

"What was that?" She shrieked and hid behind me. I rolled my eyes. Aphrodite kids.

I pulled my sword out, which made a very satisfying shhhing! I pushed Evie in front of me. "Evie, fight. Pull out your weapon and remember your training!"

She whined but pulled her spear off her back. Several monsters, too many for the two of us, jumped out of the dark woods.

I quickly pulled out a piece of paper to send Evie for help, but wasn't able to finish it: Monsters too many, can't hold them for--

An empousa hissed and tried to slice my head off with her sharp nails. I ducked and felt a warm puff of wind followed by a glittery shower.

"Sorry," Evie said, huffing a strand of hair out of her face. "Those nails did not match that skin tone."

I nodded approvingly in thanks. Suddenly, she fell next to me and revealed a Cyclops holding a club. It grinned stupidly and lunged for me. I rolled out of the way and dragged Evie across the border, leaving the note I made with her.

I decided to take the entire group by myself. Genius move, right? It ended wonderfully too. I was kidnapped.

                                                       --------------------- flash :: forward---------------------

Staring at a wall miserably, I sighed and noticed a rock beside me. I picked it up and threw it at the wall. It clunked unsatisfyingly and rolled back to me.

This was going to be very boring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't too bad. It looks a lot longer on paper, let me tell you. Enjoy, lovely folks!