Part 3

Well hello there. If you're following this, congratulations on making it this far. Here is what my sleep-deprived brain came up with at 11 p.m.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to my brother, Minho, shaking me awake.

"Something weird's happening. We gotta go."

"Alright," I yawned, "give me a minute."

Minho walked out the door as the cabin filled with whispers. It unnerved me to not know what was going on.

When I finally stepped outside, I felt the low panic and fear of the campers. Thomas' full sister, Teresa, ran up to me out of breath.

"Did you hear?" She whispered. I stared at her funnily. "Thomas is gone."

I didn't realize I was moving until the Athena cabin's door opened in front of me.

The cabin was in disarray. The councilor, Luke Jackson, the son of Percy and Annabeth Jackson, was trying to calm everyone down.

"Cast, can you get Chiron? I need him to--guys, calm down. I'm sure we'll know something soon. What was that? Newt? What--oh." Luke faced me. "H-hi."

Cast brushed past, glancing apologetically at me, his green eyes sad.

I tried for a smile but it probably looked like a grimace. Luke's grey eyes flickered uncertainly around me. The cabin grew quiet as I walked over to Thomas' bed.

I sat down and picked up the torn piece of paper lying there. The words were hastily scrawled and seemed incomplete.

Monsters too many, can't hold them for--

The note ended there. The cabin was silent still.

"When?" I asked, looking directly at Luke. 

He again looked uncomfortable. "Early this morning. H-he was out on patrol and Evie said she was captured when she came to."

I nodded. Luke looked shocked.

"You're okay with that? What-"

He was interrupted by Chiron making an appearance followed by Cast Jackson. "Luke," the old centaur called gruffly. "Come, walk with me."

Luke walked out with an apprehensive glance toward his brother as the cabin broke out in whispers again.

Cast sat next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "How you holding up? I can't imagine what I'd do if it had been Bianca who was taken."

I rolled my eyes at the sixteen-year-old. "Well, you can't shut up about her, so I'd assume you'd do a lot. And I'm fine. Thanks."

Chiron and Luke walked in and beckoned us forward.

"So, I have concluded that we will need a quest to retrieve young Mr. Greene."

We sighed.

"Well," I grimaced a smile. "Who's ready to face the Oracle?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! Almost 400 words! That's actually kind of short, isn't it? Well, whatever. It looks good on paper. Have a lovely day.