Happy Story

Good evening folks, I wrote a story, sent it to my friends, and since they loved it, here it is. Also, I feel like there are too many sad Maze Runner things so have a happy one.

Also, have a free headcanon for each fanfic: Thomas is a biromantic asexual.

Shoutout to my friend Alex who read this garbage first @percussionvibes

~~~~~

Thomas swung the door open of his home. He noticed that Newt wasn't there. Elated, Thomas implemented his plan.

Newt overworked himself occasionally, coming home grumpy and stressed. Thomas liked to make small (or grand) gestures to show that he cared and was there for Newt. Today was a day for a  surprise. Thomas decided to cook one of Newt's favorite dishes, clean where he could, and end the night with a night with his husband's favorite movie. Before he could start his master plan, however, he desperately needed a shower.

Running out of the fastest shower he'd ever taken, Thomas glanced at the clock. 2:11 PM. Newt usually was home at 5:15 on the dot. He had three hours to perfect his surprise. Thomas steeled himself and played his most inspirational playlist.

80's Pop.

He was ready.

Thomas was an excellent cleaner. He just had zero motivation. Newt constantly teased him about it. What Thomas truly loved was his "organized chaos." Newt hated that. Staring sadly at the old pile of books Newt always tripped on, Thomas put them where they belonged.

An hour and a half after he started, Thomas began making chicken alfredo. With the living room and master bedroom cleaned, Thomas started tidying random spots between cooking breaks. He checked his phone at 4:26. A couple of texts from Newt made a smile play on his lips. 

They read: Tommyyy I'm bored out of my mind the man giving the presentation is so slow it hurts. Can't wait to see you. Love you.

Thomas sent a heart and sighed. 45 more minutes.

At 4:50, Newt messaged again.

It said: Be home in 25 minutes!

Closing his phone, Thomas began adding final touches to the alfredo, letting it cook the final 15 minutes. After the alfredo finished, he put, it on plates and set them on the table. With 12 minutes left to spare, Thomas washed unneeded dishes.

At 5:13, Thomas stepped outside to wait for Newt. 2 minutes later, the blond man pulled into the driveway and stepped out of the car. When he walked closer, Thomas saw the happiness in his eyes. They embraced and kissed, the 9 hours they had been separated too long a time.

Thomas grabbed Newt's hand and pulled him inside. A delicious aroma filled the air. Thomas stopped, feeling Newt falter. 

"Tommy..." Newt breathed, "For me?" He looked into Thomas' eyes, his surprise and joy evident.

The table wasn't spectacular, it wasn't a beautiful rose-petal-and-tablecloth-draped dream. It was two plates of chicken alfredo. It was Thomas' love.

Newt gave Thomas a chaste kiss and sat down.

"I can't believe you did this," Newt said in between mouthfuls. "I can't believe you did this for me."

Thomas smiled, "Always. I always do it for you."

Newt reached across the table and grabbed Thomas' hand. They stayed like that until they finished. They placed their cups and plates in the sink. Newt walked away.

"Where are you going?" Thomas called.

"Shower. I feel nasty."

"Come back quick." Thomas began washing the freshly dirtied dishes. By the time he was finished and everything was put away, Newt had walked out of the bathroom. He was wearing sweatpants and one of Thomas' sweatshirts that was a size too big.

Thomas sat on the couch with Newt's favorite movie, Enola Holmes II, paused on the TV. Newt was pinned between Thomas' side and the couch, an arm and a leg slung over him lazily. Newt nestled his head against his husband's chest, Thomas' fingers tangled in the blond mess of hair.

Content and sleepy, Newt almost fell asleep several times. Always right before his eyes shut a final time, Thomas would brush a hand over Newt's cheek. It ignited his senses and left him wanting more. When he looked at Thomas, a faint smile graced the other's lips.

Smooth bastard.

Eventually, Newt became annoyed at his touch deprivation. He wrapped his arms tightly around Thomas' torso and tangled their legs together. He then buried his face in Thomas' neck, breathing in the faint lemon-lavender scent he'd grown so fond of.

Thomas chuckled softly and pulled Newt closer, placing his head on Newt's and kissing the still-damp mess of hair. He curled a lock of wavy hair around his fingers, twirling it absentmindedly. Thomas rubbed a hand over Newt's side, tracing shapes as the man in his arms melted at the touch.

The two hardly paid attention to the movie, only focused on each other. When the movie ended, Thomas pulled Newt up off the couch, much to his protest. Thomas grabbed his phone.

Shuffling a random playlist he had, Thomas pulled Newt close and swayed with the music. They both recognized the song immediately, as it was a favorite of the pair.

They sang along and danced across their living room. Each movement was a step away from reality. They floated on the life raft of each other's voices. As the song came to a halt, so did they. 

A new song cut the air, but the husbands paid no attention. Brown eyes met brown and the world faded. The other's eyes were a deep receptical of pure love and adoration. After a while, Newt sighed and rested his head on Thomas' chest.

"What did I ever do to deserve you, Tommy?"

Thomas placed a hand on the back of Newt's head and snaked an arm tighter around his waist. "You were and are the most amazing, stubborn, caring person in this whole world. You don't deserve me. You deserve so much more."

Ignoring the show of Thomas' insecurity to address later, Newt kissed his husband's nose and pulled him impossibly closer. "Thank you," Newt whispered. "I love you more than you could possibly know."

"I think I know." Thomas choked, his voice muffled by by threatening tears and Newt's hair.

The pair fell asleep tangled in each other's arms not thirty minutes later. It wasn't the first or last time. Through many more ups and many downs, the inseparable duo braved life together as they had promised so many years ago.

~~~~~

I finally finished copying this down oof. Anyways, tell me how you liked it, I'd love to hear from y'all :)