Chapter 2

Memories…

It started off as a normal day in Emerald Hills, Sonic was laying in bed with his partner tucked into his chest. None other than Shadow the hedgehog was asleep against his chest, the two had been together for a good year and a half before Sonic popped the question. They had already mated so it was only right that they made it official and got married. Shadow wasn't too bothered about the customs on Mobius but Sonic was so he went with it and on top of that Sonic was the hero of Mobius, so it was only right he settled down. A benefit of Shadow was that Amy left him alone or heaven forbid his mate spawned his beloved pistol in to stop her or chaos speared her. 

Sonic could only smile bringing his lover close, one who was originally his rival and still claimed to be especially around those who didn't know them, they kept up the act just for fun. He couldn't help but kiss the forehead of Shadow who twisted his face in his sleep, the two had been relaxing all night and making love as Amy would call it. The hero in blue lived up to his name and made sure he was on top no matter what, especially since they had discovered something about Shadow. Yep, it was true the ebony hedgehog could go into heat and have children but his inhibitor rings helped prevent that. So the two had to be very careful in that area of their relationship.

"Morning Shads" 

"...mph.. faker" 

Sonic only grinned seeing his not so awake partner who would rather sleep in than get up in the morning. Shadow preferred the night but would get up to join Sonic on a run every morning no matter what. 

"You alright?" Sonic asked. 

"Sore" Shadow muttered back, making Sonic smile, as he helped Shadow to his feet before directing him into the shower. A groan left Shadow as Sonic held him up, the blue hero winced seeing his lover's back, a fresh wound from the day before was in between his back quills. A gift courtesy of Eggman when Shadow had saved Cream from becoming fish soup. 

"Shh, I'm going to wipe around the area and then apply the cream once we are out of the shower" Sonic whispered, kissing Shadow who smirked, ever since the ultimate lifeform had admitted he always felt pain, Sonic made sure to take care of him and it worked vice versa. Almost like fourteen months ago when Sonic broke his ankle and had to be taken care of by his rival. Their relationship was still pretty new then. It was only then that Sonic learned and only he got to see the soft side of Shadow the Hedgehog.

After a quick loving shower, the two hedgehogs left their room only to head downstairs to the shared house where Tails and Rouge were ignoring each other. Shadow smirked at the bat who went into mothering mode while Sonic greeted his brother. 

"Morning Tails, what's kicking today?" 

Tails only looked up and frowned trying to concentrate on whatever he was working on. 

"Nothing much, now can you leave me alone. I need to concentrate" Tails said in a frustrated tone earning Shadows attention. The ultimate lifeform took notice of his partner's hurt expression and Tails annoyed one. In a normal situation, those who hurt Sonic would end up being beaten up but this wasn't the case, this was Sonic's little brother. 

"Okay, buddy but if you need something or…" 

"I know I know but I can fight my own battles Sonic" Tails snapped back at his brother's gentle tone, the hero was in shock only for him to walk into the kitchen to make some food. 

"Well I'm going to go but glad to know you are feeling good, grumpy. Let me know if you need anything, I will be down at the club or going to see my favourite echidna" Rouge teased, poking Shadows shoulder, the ultimate lifeform smirked allowing her to hug him. He patted her back before watching her leave the house. 

The Virus of Emerald Hills (Sonadow)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें