"Sorry, sir," Rex and Cody said simultaneously.

Then the room was awkwardly silent. Anakin was the one to breake the silence. And he did so in classic Skywalker style.

"Obi-Wan!" he yelled at his former master. "There's sand in my shoes!" 

Ahsoka and Rex looked at each other and Ahsoka giggled when she saw Anakin was barefoot.

Obi-Wan tried to calm Anakin down, then went to help him remove the sand from his shoes. 

"Now let's focus on the briefing." Obi-Wan and Anakin came back. This time, Anakin had shoes on. 

Cody activated the map on the holo-projector.

"We're going to Umbara," Obi-Wan began to explain. "Our goal is to destroy main separatist base and take over the capital. I already have a plan that I believe will be successful. So if you agree, the 212th battalion and I will head towards the capital from the north side. Meanwhile, Anakin and the 501st legion will capture the enemy's base in the southeast and then join us in the capital."

"Shouldn't we split up our forces? I could take the base with part of the 501st legion, while Master Skywalker would go directly to the city with the rest." Ahsoka suggested. 

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." Anakin said.

"What do you mean, master?" 

"I'm sorry, Ahsoka, but you are not going."

"What? Why?" 

"Umbara is not a place for a Padawan."

"I can handle myself and you're aware of that." Ahsoka complained."

"I know, Ahsoka. But this is not a mission for you." 

"You said the same thing about the Citadel and my presence paid off."

"Ahsoka, my dear, for once I agree with Anakin. We believe that the Umbarans have weapons and equipment that we have not come across before. You should stay at the temple and continue your training and studies."

Ahsoka slowly nodded. "Very well then, Masters." 

"Do we all agree with the plan?" Obi-Wan asked, looking at Rex, Cody, and Anakin. They all nodded in agreement. 

"Okay, then." Anakin said as he glanced at the map one final time. "Rex, inform your men to be ready in the hangar tomorrow at 8 standard hours." 

With that, Anakin left the room, Ahsoka and Rex following close behind him, leaving Obi-Wan and Cody alone. 

"Is everything okay, sir?" Cody asked worriedly as he looked at his general. Obi-Wan had seemed troubled all morning, and now he was staring blankly at the wall. 

"I'm okay. I just have a bad feeling about this mission." 

"From what I've heard about Umbara, it's going to be a tough few weeks, but I assure you that my troops are prepared for everything, as are those under Rex's command."

"I know. I couldn't ask for better troops," Obi-Wan said. He smiled at his favorite clone Commander. "I just hope we don't have too many losses." 

"It's not our first encounter with the seppies. We'll be alright."

"I know, Cody. Now go and enjoy the peace before returning to the war zone."

"Is there anything you need me to do, sir?" Cody inquired.

"No, you already did everything. Go enjoy yourself with your brothers and don't you dare ask me for additional paperwork." 

"How did you know I wanted to ask for it?"

"Jedi instincts." Obi-Wan smiled to himself. 

"Is there something funny, sir?" Cody asked.

"That depends on the point of view. Now go and enjoy yourself." Obi-Wan dismissed Cody. 

Cody said, "Yes, sir," then left the room. 

He exited the room and nearly collided with Rex and Ahsoka, who were enthusiastically conversing by the doors. 

"Commander Tano, Rex," he nodded at them and walked past them. He noted that he needs to talk to his younger brother about their relationship when they are alone. The fact that Rex was spending so much time with Ahsoka was becoming suspicious. But right now, he had more important tasks to complete.

He walked through the barracks, occasionally exchanging a few words with some of his friends. Eventually, he reached the laundry to collect the capes he had gathered for his general on their recent missions. It became a routine for him. Whenever General Kenobi dropped his cape, Cody would pick it up. After returning to Coruscant, Cody would give the cape to the servant droids for cleaning and return it to Obi-Wan's room. 

Obi-Wan didn't notice it, he probably didn't even realize how often he dropped his cape, but luckily he always had Cody to pick it up. 

Cody learned how to reach Obi-Wan's room unnoticed a while back, and the password wasn't difficult to obtain so he was never discovered. Not even his closest friends knew about it. He didn't know why but he always wanted to keep it a secret. If his general found out, he would probably just tell him to let the cape be the next time and Cody didn't want that. He was just happy he could help his general.