The off days pt. 2

Ahsoka opened her eyes. She hadn't slept so peacefully in a long time. She sat up and looked around. 

She was confused. Why wasn't she in her room and why was she wearing her normal clothes? 

After she was a little more awake, she took a closer look. The room was small, with cold metal walls decorated with photos of clones. There was nothing but a bed she was sitting on, a wardrobe and a small desk. This had to be a clone's room.

Ahsoka stood up to take a closer look at the photos. The first one showed a group of young clones. They wore unpainted armor, so she could only recognize Rex thanks to his blond hair. She had a feeling that the clone next to him was Cody, but she didn't know for sure. 

She went to the next photo. It was a photo of the 501st battalion. She recognized a few clones, but she didn't know most of them. It had to be an old photo.

Ahsoka suddenly froze when she heard someone open the door. She turned and saw Rex.

"Commander," he greeted her.

"Rex," she replied, hoping that Rex could answer her question about how she got there.

"You fell asleep during the movie." Rex must have noticed the question in her eyes. "I brought you some breakfast." 

"Thanks, Rex," she smiled at him and gratefully took the protein bar he handed her. "Whose room is this?" she asked as she unwrapped the bar.

"Mine." 

"Then where did you sleep?"

"Cody has a couch in his room." 

Ahsoka was touched. "You slept on a couch in Cody's room just because you didn't want to wake me up or let me sleep on the floor?"

Rex looked shyly at the floor. He decided to change the subject. "I put your lightsabers on the desk." 

"How did you know that sleeping with lightsabers is uncomfortable?"

"Well, I didn't, but Cody said that General Kenobi always removes his lightsaber before going to sleep, so I guessed that's what all Jedi do." 

"How does Cody know if Obi-Wan takes off his lightsaber when he goes to sleep?"

"That's... a good question. I'll have to ask him when I meet him."

"I'll ask Obi-Wan if Cody sleeps with a blaster."

"He does." 

"Well, one less question to ask."

After that, no one knew what to say and an uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"I will go now," Ahsoka said and grabbed her lightsabers. "Thank you again for letting me sleep here." She smiled at Rex and left.

Rex stood in the middle of the room and grinned like a shiny without even knowing why. He wasn't used to being thanked, especially by a superior officer like Ahsoka.

Cody was bored. He was the only clone in the entire grand army of the Republic who disliked days off.