Chapter 7

"Ah Wormtail, what news have you bought me?" The hissing voice filled Peter's being with fear, his form trembling like a leaf. Voldemort sat atop a stone throne, which was on a podium a good half foot above the ground. None of his followers were allowed to come near his throne, they had to kneel near the base, only his giant snake, Nagini was allowed up.

"M-M-Master." Peter greeted as he kneeled, almost tripping over his robe.

"Th-The Potters, the-they're mo-moving to-to a safe-safe house."

"Did I scare the itty-bitty potters after killing the mudblood?" Bellatrix cackled from the side.

All the death eaters were standing in a semicircle around the throne, A healthy five feet distance around Peter so that they didn't catch any stary spell.

A cruel smile creased Voldemort's face, his amusement and pleasure at the news the only reason why he didn't punish Bellatrix for her interruption.

Peter paled at that, realising he would have to be the one to give the bad news to the Dark Lord. Give the news that could very well deal him his death. Just then, Nagini slithered by him, her tongue slipping out tasting the air around him, the cold scales brushed by him, causing Peter to jump up in fright and whimper.

Suddenly Voldemort became still, his red eyes narrowing. The hand holding his wand twitched, a familiar red light shooting towards Peter, and his body fell onto the ground, twitching as a soul-crushing scream erupted from his mouth. The Death eaters became still, the more experienced ones masking their emotions while the less experienced ones paled, grateful that they weren't the ones experiencing the torture curse.

Voldemort rose from his throne, his pale feet with decayed toenails gliding down the staircase. Nagini met his halfway, winding up his body before coming to settle around his shoulders.

"I'm disappointed Wormtail. I thought we were closer than this, yet I find out you are keeping secrets from me? How....disappointing." Voldemort's whispered voice carried over through the room.

"N-No Master." Peter whimpered.

Without bothering to reply, Voldemort simply imperioed him, forcing Peter to look at him before tearing through his defences, he didn't care much about the sniveling idiot's mind.

As he looked his fury increased and a seed of fear burrowed itself into him. How could this happen? How is this possible? He had done everything, every possible dark ritual, every possible spell, yet, yet this, this mere child, he had so much power, and he wasn't even a year old yet.

And then, and then he came across something that stumped him completely. Lily's revival despite being hit by Bellatrix's spell. He had seen it hit her in Bellatrix's and others' minds and he had been sure she would be dead, yet she was still alive. Saved by the Potter child apparently. It was so unexplainable that he did the only thing that made sense to him. He pulled out from the rat's mind and turned shooting a Crucio at Bellatrix.

Lucius, Rudolphus and Rabastan, the followers closest to her, jumped back shocked. Bellatrix fell to the floor, her screams a mixture of pain and pleasure. Voldemort held the spell for a long time until the pleasure gave way to pure pain in Bellatrix's voice, only then did he release her.

"I want the Potters dead." He announced softly, before turning into smoke and disappearing from the room.

No one noticed the way the hooked-nosed man's eyes widened slightly. Even at such a young age, he had mastered the art of controlling his emotions. He left with the others, making idle conversation, yet the only thought in his mind was, I need to save her.