| 65 | There Are Laws

Depuis le début

He then waved his hand, and Damon was flung off his feet and to the left. The pack looked as horrified and startled as Jackson felt, and when their Alpha hit the wall and landed on the floor with a thump, half of them went to help him, and Tokala and Wesley went to charge at Lucian. But several of Cyrus' men grabbed all of Jackson's packmates before they could move and said the same thing: "I wouldn't if I were you."

Damon climbed to his feet with a frustrated, furious growl and also went to charge at Lucian, but Amos, Elias, and Landon grabbed him.

And then Jackson felt an invisible, giant fist wrap around his body. He stifled a grunt as his breath was stolen from him, and when he looked at Lucian, he saw the kid holding his hand out with his fist clenched shut. He was doing it.

Fear shot through Jackson like a bullet as his packmates struggled and tried to escape, and Damon yelled furiously, but there was nothing anyone could do. He was yanked forward so hard that he fell back, and when his head hit the floor, he grunted painfully.

It didn't end there.

The invisible fist grasped his leg and dragged him along the floor and around the table, and when he was at Lucian's feet, he came to a halt, and he stared up at him in horror.

"Is this really necessary?" Cyrus muttered.

Lucian ignored him and crouched beside Jackson.

Jackson trembled and tried to move, but his body was frozen—and not because of his fear. "I-I-I didn't mean to hurt him, I—"

Wordlessly, Lucian pressed his index finger against Jackson's shoulder—

Horrific pain suddenly shot through Jackson's right leg. He shrieked and writhed around as the pain intensified; it felt like his bone had snapped and cut out through his flesh, but there was no blood, there was no break, there was just pain.

"Get the fuck off him!" Damon yelled.

"You can't do this!" Tokala shouted.

"What the fuck is wrong with you people?!" Wesley exclaimed.

Jackson whined and cried, and now that he could finally move, he reached down and gripped his leg to find no wound, and the pain was getting worse with each passing second. What the hell had Lucian done to him?

"All right, that's enough," Cyrus insisted irritably.

Lucian rolled his eyes and crouched beside Jackson again. This time, when he touched his shoulder, the agony withered, leaving Jackson trembling and breathing raggedly.

"Listen," Lucian said sternly, scowling at Jackson's terrified face. "Demons have rules. The only reason you're not on your way to Daevor right now is because you were never made aware of them. If you ever attack a royal again, you'll be lucky if it gets you a few years in hell. You don't ever address any one of us without using our title, and if we tell you to do something, you fucking do it without a moment's hesitation. Understand?"

Jackson nodded frantically, still gripping his leg; pain was lingering in it, but it wasn't nearly as intense. But his fear was growing by the second. He hated Lucian, and he was terrified of him. He didn't want to do or say anything that might make him hurt him again.

"You have an hour," Lucian said, and then he touched Jackson's shoulder again.

The pain came back. It felt like his leg broke again, like it snapped in two, and searing, horrifying agony burned through his body. He shrieked and yelled out; he could hear Damon and his packmates shouting again, but Lucian ignored them, stood up, and left the room, leaving Jackson to suffer.