Chapter 7

From what I gathered there were different coasts. I wanted to go to the west, but there were a place called Sun Coast. In Sun Coast there was land, and when I say land I'm talking abut grass. Grass greener than the "grass green" vehicles in Suburbia. The vehicles in Suburbia were God awful ugly compared to the green grass in Sun Coast. Another difference is that neighbors are far away. You can actually yell without them knowing your business. I could probably have a "meltdown" and no one would hear me. No one would be able to call me thunder anymore. They also had something called moles and groundhogs. My research then went from researching the coast to Moles and groundhogs. How cool is it to know they live in the ground, and that you could twist your ankle from falling into their home.

You didn't have holes in the grass in Just Suburbia. We even had a saying in Just Suburbia. We suburbia say MM to our neighbors if their grass is looking a little wild. It means mowing matters. Some neighbors didn't even warn you, they just mowed it themselves or snitched. If your neighbor snitched you were in some deep shit. You would get a fine for "raunchy grass." one warning cost you $20.00 the second one cost $100.00 and if you got warned a third time then it was a $600.00 fine. It was absurd but again we were in Just Suburbia and nothing went wrong. Well except me. 

The grass in Sun Coast was unruly, messy, green, and probably half my height; I'm five foot if that says anything. I wondered if anyone knew we existed. Were we the only one who was shut away? Or was it just the mayor? I honestly can't fathom why anyone would want to keep us from the outside world. What were we hiding? I didn't want to waste any more time worrying and thinking about this hell I lived in so I did the best thing I could think of. I picked up y phone and called Hudson. He answered on the first ring. "Wear all black, I live on Maple Lane, and im house number five." I abruptly hung up on him and got in the black clothing he got me. Not even five minutes he was at my house. 

Hudson walked straight in, like it was his own house. "Storie?"

I was putting on my shoes hurrying to put on my bandana. "Take me to the end of the city. I want to see something." 

He smiled, "aww did I make a little rebel out of you?"

I didn't answer and instead ran to his car, "We need to hurry."  

He gets into the drivers seat. I notice his car is not like ours, "here take this." I grab the phone from his hands and he turns on a knob. Music that started off with profanity started playing. I cover my ears. "Hudson you need to turn this off, we will be in so much trouble." A snicker leaves his mouth. "You don't want to dance with the devil sweetheart?" The way he said that made my skin crawl, but not in a bad way. In a way that I could run away with this. Something deep down made me feel safe with him. My hand finds his other hand, and I intertwine my fingers with his. "Let's go."

Hudson peels out of my driveway and we make the hour drive listening to some horrible music and screaming at the top of our lungs. We listened to a man named Eminem and I don't think sex education would've covered everything he sang about. It was the most provocative words I think I've ever heard. Honestly I loved every second of it. It was different than the "I love you" bullshit my mo made me listen too. 

I was head banging, or at least that's what Hudson called it. I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that we had made it to the end. 

The end. That's what we called it. Outside of "the end" apparently there are people to kill you. That's why they call it the end, because once you cross that line you never ever come back. I never heard about anyone even making it to the end, and there's a reason. Hudson obviously had to come in some way, and if he knows where the boundaries are then it had to be this way. I stared at it. What if I put my foot over the line? Would it get blown up? I doubted it. How did they expect us to believe people came to Suburbia? Were we just suppose to believe they flew? Puh-lease we haven't even seen anything in the sky. 

The car door slams behind me, it's right here. I walk up to the sign that looks like it's suppose to be in a horror movie, with one foot I step over the line. I look around. I listen. No shooting sounds. In fact...nothing. My whole body finally finds my foot and we are across the line. 

"SHOOT ME, FUCKING SHOOT ME." I scream.  

Nothing. Just the quiet of the night. I look back to see Hudson smirking, "See it's not what you think." 

He's right. 

Everything. 

Is.

A.

Lie.