I almost did a double take when I noticed that he looked slightly amused but I didn't dare say anything about it so as to not ruin the moment.

"You're a fucking idiot." He said simply and bluntly.

I blinked.

And I didn't want to ruin the moment.

"Nobody told me there was a change in venue!" I shot back at him, also providing him with my meanest glare.

"You're 10. You should have enough problem solving skills to know to ask if you aren't 100% sure, Sunshine." He said, clearly unimpressed with me.

"First of all, I'm 13," I started, but was rudely interrupted.

"That's even worse." He shook his head in disbelief.

I glared at him for interrupting me, and for his unnecessary comment.

"Second of all, Sunshine?" I asked, confused at the sudden use of the nickname. Out of all people Xanthe was the one I least expected to give me a nickname.

"You're nice, you radiate positivity, and your favourite colour is yellow. What else would I call you?" He said smoothly. He was so nonchalant it made me jealous. I want to be cool too!

"Most people call me Ainsley." I said, smiling innocently at him. He rolled his eyes.

"But, if you're going to give me a nickname, it's only fair that I give you one too!" I smirked, kicking my feet excitedly as I sat in the chair next to him.

He scoffed and shook his head.

"No."

I ignored him obviously.

"How about Princess?" I teased happily.

He shot me a harsh glare.

"Or Sweetie Pie!"

His teeth started to grind and his fists clenched.

"Oh I know! Grumpy! That's it. That's your name!" I decided. It was perfect. I've never seen this man without a pout on his face.

He turned to me.

"Call me that and I will throw you off the top of this building." He said through clenched teeth. I couldn't help but giggle at his threat. Before he could retort a high frequency sound surrounded the room causing everyone to wince.

At the front of the room was our sheepish principal holding a microphone.

"Sorry about that..." Said Mr. Erikson, seemingly amused by his nearly bursting everybody's eardrums.

When nobody laughed along with him he quickly moved on.

"Anyways, as well all know, the annual trip is to take place next week. The bus will leave the school on Thursday morning and we will set up camp at the grounds for the night. We'll return promptly by the end of the school day on Friday," he starts.

"At our last meeting we assigned pairings for sleeping arrangements. If you haven't already become acquainted with your roommate of sorts, I would highly recommend introducing yourselves to them. You will be in close quarters for the night so it would do you well to at least know their names." He continued.