His POV

A piercing pain shot right through my body but I barely felt it, too addicted to the pain. When she spoke those words of rejection in her beautiful voice. First words she ever spoke to me. I forgot to breath, too shocked that she touched me. Not only she was an inch away from me but she made a skin on skin contact. Immediately concern took over me. My mind went to the curse.

I was cursed by a witch that I won't ever be able to come within the breathing distance of my mate let alone touch her. I won't be able to be near her without causing harm to her. If I touched her, she would die a painful slow death right before my eyes and I won't be able to stop it. That is the reason I kept myself as far away from her as I could. I was in constant agony from the moment I first smelled her delicious vanilla and strawberry scent. But I was confused now, nothing like that happened to her when she slammed me to the tree.

Two years ago, I went to a nearby pack when in heard it was attacked. I barbed into a house and found a dead man lying in the pool of his own blood. I spotted a three year old boy hiding under the table. Right then a witch barged in. She frantically looked around for her family. And seeing her mate dead body, her eyes widened and she looked at me with rage and hate. Thinking I was the one who murdered her mate. She cursed me that I won't ever be able to near my mate without hurting her as I killed her own mate. And with that she hung herself. Unaware that her son witnessed her death at such a young age. I picked the boy and handed him to my delta. My beta hadn't found his mate yet. And my delta wanted to adopt him. His mate Sandy didn't agree but he took him in.

Sandy. She was the one who caused my mate the hurt she was feeling. She sneaked up behind me and made it look like we were together. I felt my claws getting out and pure wrath and disgust took over me. How dare she touch what is not hers. No woman would dare approach me without getting her head ripped out. They lust after me but I didn't even glance their way. On top of that I saw her smirking at my mate rubbing it on her face. That was enough to bring my wolf Cane to the surface. With a deadly I just glanced at her and she was shaking like a leaf knowing damn well the damage she had caused. I just gave one look to the beta and he understood my unspoken promise of painfully agonizing slow death laced with torcher for her. And my way of giving an agonizing death brought the strongest and deadliest of the wolves to their knees, begging for mercy. Cane smirked at the thought of personally torturing the one who hurt our mate. Just like the hunter who shot her, let just say his body was unrecognizable when I pierced his human body with ninety poisoned knives making him slowly bleed to death but not enough to let him die. And when he was just on the verge of dying, blood was made to reenter his body. He was whipped by my men and they were free to use any mean of torture including electric chair, cold water gag and twisting his bones. This went on for days and when I was fed up, I poured gasoline on him and burned him alive until his body turned to crisp while Cane basked in his shrikes of misery. Hence the reason I couldn't hand his burned and barely recognizable body to my mate's brother.

With a gush of wind I followed my mate. Covering miles in seconds. I was worried even tho she didn't show any sign of visible weakness, she was still feeling the mate pains. And I had only myself to blame as I stayed away from her. I gritted my teeth in guilt and regret. A heart wrenching pain shot right through my chest and my thoughts instantly went to my mate. If I was feeling these pains, it means she was too. What if it was worse for her. I panicked internally. With the thought of her in pain, Cane let out a sky shattering growl. He jumped and shifted in the air tearing the clothes apart. He took control and sped in the direction of her. He followed her scent. She went towards her pack. With his superhuman speed, he reached near the border of our mate's pack. He stopped at a distance looking over the boundary.

Guessing she went there, he turned around. I wanted to check on her but she clearly didn't want to see me. The beast who destroys everything! And I couldn't find it in me to cause her any discomfort more than I already have. But Cane halted mid step when he found her blood on the ground. She spit blood back there but wasn't bleeding anywhere as I was constantly checking her body for injuries. His jaw clenched. Immediately on high alert Cane looked around and sniffed. He snarled dangerously low when he smelled a group of filthy rogues and a hunter. He tried his best to stay calm as we didn't want to cause our mate any worry. If she came to know she would be worried. His nostrils flared with deep raw rage. They hid their smell using witchcraft but it couldn't be hidden through my unique abilities. He hastily handed me the control so he wouldn't wreck havoc and destroy everything in his path. I growled when I couldn't smell her calming scent anymore. They did something to her. I gritted and clenched my jaw and followed their disgusting smell. It lead me to a nearby stream and that's where I lost them. My body shook with rage. Loud growl ripped from my throat shaking the ground. My chest heaved up and down with shallow breaths. I frantically searched around and went to all nearby rogue packs, I wanted to rip everyone of them apart. Every single one of the werewolf trembled in my presence. I mind linked my warriors to cover more ground even though me alone was enough to tear the rogues to shreds who dared took her. I would have tortured every single one of the rogue I met, but my mate was my utmost concern right now.