Oops, too late.

I have already been bitten by a hockey rat.

I need to distract him.

"Ew, Ju." I hurl from the depts of my stomach. "No offence, but hockey players aren't my type."

Lies, lies, lies...

Rémy is a lot right now.

My Mental coach.

My biggest fan.

My Math tutor.

My person...al bodyguard.

My plus one... I hope.

But not my type, isn't one of them.

"Uhm, well," The conversation I'm about to start could imply a bunch of questions I'm not sure how to answer at all. Not yet. But I have to start it in order to complete my plan. "I'm actually calling because I wanted to ask something."

"Yeah? So?" He's all ears.

"Can I, I mean, is it possible for me, if I was allowed to, like maybe I could, only if you and Luna are okay with it... if I..."

"Cécé, just ask." He laughs, chuckles, he's amused by my ramblings.

Dammit.

"Okay... Can I bring a plus one to the wedding next week?" I mutter softly and then there's silence again.

He's processing.

Shit.

"I know it's last notice and all and the table arrangements are probably all set, and I don't even know if he's going to be available next Friday, but I really would like to bring him, but only if that's okay. Also, I'm driving to the Hamptons so no need for an extra plane ticket or anything and I'm sure sharing a hotel room isn't an issue..." Yup, anxious word vomit is a thing. Ew. Why did I tell my brother sharing a room with my plus one is a good idea. He's going to hate the idea of his little sister facing of the romantic one bed trope. "You know, it's okay, forget I asked. I should probably not bring any strangers to your wedding this last notice and you haven't even met him and I'm sorry..."

"Lunaaaa!? Babe." Jules suddenly yells over the phone and my eyes go as wide as they get. Oh no... "Cécé has a boyfriend and she's asking if she can bring him as a plus one to the wedding." I just wait, I don't know what I'm waiting for though, every thought in my mind just went poof and I'm sure error signs are flashing through my eyes. "Hey Cé, you still there?"

"Yup."

"Luna says she can't wait to meet the lucky sucker. Consider him invited."

Oh Fuck.

"Uuhm, thanks, but how did you just conclude he is my boyfriend and not just a random lucky sucker?" My voice trembles, my eyes still wide.

"Because if he's just a random lucky sucker he just got uninvited."

"But.."

"So?" He's teasing me, and I didn't expect anything else... "He's not your boyfriend, but he's not the reason you're so happy? You sound happy. Are you happy?"

I am. And he is. I just wouldn't call him my boyfriend? Yet?

Since coming home from the ski trip, a week ago, our schedules have been busy so there hasn't been a lot of time to hang out, make out, or do a lot more than where we left off last time, let alone even talk face to face. I miss talking to him. I miss his face.

He did set me up to hang out with Stella though, the captain of the women's team and she has been helping me to refresh my skills. So far, I'm getting there quicker than expected. He did stick around after practice to watch me skate and as expected he couldn't help but send me a nice rock through text. Classic... I love it.