✨ Lie nr. 19

Lies:

Lies:

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I don't want your forced apology

Do you wonder what it's like to be stuck in a car with a guy you kind of like but haven't heard anything from for more than a week?

I do, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

It's words layered with a thick coat of sarcasm if you hadn't noticed.

I never say no to a spontaneous weekend ski trip, but when Rhett convinced me to come so we could also work on the project, I didn't think I was agreeing to the most awkward car ride of my life!

Rémy is sitting in the passenger seat while I'm in the back with my new friend Brooks as of thirty minutes and all I have been doing so far is stare at that perfect side profile. The one attached to that hockey rat in the front.

He didn't even do as much as text me after he asked me to get out of his car. I mean, a checkup text would have been nice after I walked home that night.

In the freezing cold.

But, as much as it bothered me, I was still going to give him the space he asked for. He seemed overwhelmed, beyond upset. I know exactly how he felt, I have been there. It's kill or be killed when you are being swallowed by that much pain.

Rhett telling me Rémy was coming too, might have convinced me the most about coming on the trip. What can I say, I was worried about him, all week.

Now even more so, because he's quiet. Awfully quiet, not even laughing along Rhett's stupid jokes, while some of them were actually good.

And he hasn't looked at me once.

Not when Brooks helped me haul my luggage into Rhett's G-wagon.

Not when I greeted all of them while getting in.

Not when I tried to ask him how his last game went.

Not when he decided to ignore it.

Not when asking him if he could pass me the little cord to charge my phone even though I didn't actually need it.

He didn't budge so Rhett passed it through and now I'm pretending to charge my phone.

All while I miss his eyes on mine. I miss their longful gaze, the unique melange and swirls of colours.

After that, I stopped trying.

Out loud at least.

I couldn't help it.

I texted him.

Me:

You okay?