✨ Lie nr. 23

Lies:

Lies:

Don't worry, she's just a friend

I cannot believe what just happened.

Well, I can, I was there, my mind's just not fully processing.

That was the most elite and preeminent kiss I have ever had, and I have had enough kisses to almost statistically compare and conclude the only thing that makes this one an outlier is her

This could be my last kiss and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

After hiding in the spa for a good minute, I had my reason, it was quite a hard one, I hid inside my room while and got changed for that late lunch Brooks and Rhett brought. Well, two of this world's biggest cockblockers brought it. Céline was definitely enjoying everything I did. Her softly moaning my name into me ear was the perfect evidence of that and, holy fuck, do I want to hear it again.

I'm still half rocking a rock in my pants when I leave my room, because every single thought goes straight to Céline's lips on mine and all of her rubbing into every inch of my skin until it becomes unbearable. My entire mind is such a haze I didn't even notice Rhett leaning into the wall across from my door until he calls my name.

"Oh." I cough. "Didn't see you there. You alright? Brooks said you were still a bit hungover?"

"All good now, but uhm... Can we talk?" Rhett squeezes his eyes at me, and I don't know why all of a sudden, I feel like I'm being cornered.

"Sure." I rasp, digging my hands deep inside the pockets of my sweats. Like any other guilty criminal does when they have something to hide. "Go ahead. What's up."

As if I don't know...

It's about his crush.

My even bigger crush.

Existentially bigger that is.

"Yeah, uhm." Rhett shakes as he tries to find his words, leaning into the wall for moral support. "You and Céline? Is something going on between the two of you?" He finishes and looks me dead in the eye like a true detective. Céline's true crime mood is definitely rubbing off on him as they work on that project.

Well, what do I say now?

Yes, took you long enough to notice?

Or.

I fell so hard my body is still internally bleeding.

Or.

Yes Rhett, I'm in love with her.

I love her?

Oh.

Fuck.

I look away into the back of the hallway, clearing my throat. "Don't worry, she's just a friend." You liar. The words even feel like grainy dirt in my mouth after the sweet taste of her. I'm fully lying to my best friend, because that's better than admitting his crush is my crush and we just went way past the point of return as of twenty minutes ago. You know, when my tongue was down her throat and my fingers far down her panties.