The Princess of Westeros

Start from the beginning

Rickon bit the last girl who tried to cut his hair. So badly she needed to see the Maester to get stitches. This time, it's a man- and Rickon is terrified of him. Jon was on his knees in front of me holding Rickon's legs while I held his head still. Theon stood on the side and held his arms in place.

How many idiots does it take to get a four-year old's hair cut? Four if you count the guy cutting it.

I'm not sure who is more frightened though... Rickon or Gil, the man cutting his hair. Each time Rickon thrashes and tries to escape our clutches, Gil holds his breath and hides his arms behind his back. Probably knows that the last girl had to be stitched up because of Rickon's apparently deathly bite.

"Help! Help!" Rickon started screaming in my arms. "They're trying to kill me!"

People walking past looking in at us and staring. Jon gave them a glare and Theon laughed loudly. "If everyone here could just shut the fuck up this would go by a lot quicker." I muttered as I struggled to keep Rickon's head in place.

Why is it my job to do this? He's not my kid. He's my brat of a baby brother who runs wild all the time. Just because he's the baby doesn't mean he can't get the same treatment as the rest of us. Jon and I get grounded even in our 20's. Brandon got forced to sit in the corner last week for spitting in Sansa's cup at dinner. Arya got punished with shoveling horse shit from the stables for two weeks straight because she put sheep shit in Sansa's pillow.

And people wonder why I fucking drink.

"Robb's hurting me!" Rickon squealed.

"You'd know damn well if I was hurting you. Trust me." I hissed at him. "Sit still or I'll make him shave your hair clean off."

"NO!" Rickon's screech nearly shattered my eardrums. "You're mean! I hate you!"

Another snip of his hair fell onto my waist. "I don't particularly like you either."

"Robb, he's your brother-" Theon looked at me and then quickly shut his mouth when Rickon somehow managed to pinch him. "Oh you little fucker."

After what felt like hours Rickon's hair was finally done. I stayed sitting in the chair and just tossed my head back. Feeling the shaving cream hit my face and I braced myself for the fact I'll probably get nicked by the blade but that's the least of my worries right now.

Soon Gil did the same thing to my hair that my mother had done. Grabbing different curls and stretching them out in his hands and then grumbled about how long my hair had gotten. I'm fully away that when you pull it straight it nearly hits my shoulders. I like it that way. And I'd very much like to keep it that way.

"How long does your mother want it?" Gil asked.

I shrugged. "Don't take off much."

"Too late." One snip and I watched as whole curls fell down to the floor. My heart sank. I love my hair and the ladies love my hair too. I could only hope I wasn't going to look like some fucking idiot with my hair so short now.

I knew it was too short when I heard Jon gasp and Theon breathe out through his mouth in the "thank the fucking Gods that's not me" type of exhale. I braced myself. No more facial hair. No more long hair. What's next? Will my mother dress me like the fucking Maester to hide the muscles I've worked so hard to accumulate?

"I hear the Prince is a royal prick." Jon muttered.

I scoffed as I stood up and it was Jon's turn to sit in the chair. "His hair is longer than mine was. Don't be shy... Cut it all off."