chapter 4: surprise baseball

It's an hour before the game

It's an hour before the game. Meeting Persephone was nice. She turned out to be very kind and not a slut like most of James's “girlfriends”. But strangely enough he seemed serious about her.

I think her and Abigail would like each other. They both have this confidence that radiates off them, but it's different. Abigail hides it tell she speaks, but Persephone. She had it all over her face. Her body language. Everything she does is confidently done.

I’m nervous for them to meet, I'm nervous to go out with Abigail outside of work.

Why i’m i so nervous for this?

__________

An hour

An hour. An hour before the baseball game.

I did my makeup a little more boldly. I dressed in something not as fancy as usual. Ellis has convinced me to let him stay home alone while I'm gone.  But I was scared. Given my job and everything I was worried about someone coming for me or my family. Nevertheless I got in my car and drove to the stadium. Leaving Ellis alone.

When I got there I was ten minutes early. I got a text from Noah saying to meet him by the bathrooms.

“Hey” I said as I walked up to noah.

“Hey”.

“Where is James? And the girl?”

“In the bathroom”.

“Both of them?”

“Yep”.

“Oh god”.

“That's James for you”.

I just stood there, when I got a text. Pulling out my phone to see a message from Persephone  saying that she wants to meet at the point later.

I was replying when two sets of footsteps came out of the bathroom. Looking up to see James and- fuck.

Oh god.

It was Persephone. She was smiling tell her eyes meant mine.

“A-abigail?” She looked confused.