chapter 2: her hook-up

MONDAY MARCH 10TH

MONDAY MARCH 10TH

4:30 am. Why 4:30 am? I regretted being a perfectionist. If I didn't wake up early it was like I couldn't function. I turned off my alarm and got out of bed.

"Shit" I knocked over my chair. That definitely woke up Ellis. Ellis was my little brother.
He was 16 and had school today. When he wakes up he can't fall back asleep. A 16 year old boy shouldn't be waking up at four in the fucking morning.

I still lived with my parents, but it's not because I couldn't afford to live alone. In fact I had more money than them. No, because I couldn't stand leaving my brother. We had a good relationship. We hardly ever fighted and when we did one of us always gave in and said sorry.

There was a knock at the door. I picked up the chair and walked to the door. Opening it to see Ellis wrapped in a blanket and eyes so sleepy you would think he was high. "Sorry" I said looking at him like I ruined his life.

"It's okay, I was already awake".

"Why?"

" I couldn't sleep".

"Oh" I said, knowing all too well. I had insomnia, but it was on and off. Some nights I sleep, some nights I don't.

He walked over to my bed and dropped down just to bury his head in the sheets.

"You can watch my t.v. if you want to, I have to shower and go to work".

"Ok".

He reached over and grabbed my remote off my bedside table. I walked to the bathroom and quickly got in the shower. Today was my first day at wilson magazine. Can't wait to kill this dude and get the eight million dollars they promised.

Getting out of the shower I got a text from Persephone saying to meet at the point tonight.
Persephone, how do I begin to explain her. I met her when I joined the group of people that taught me how to kill. She had joined a couple days before me so we got the same classes and got close.

She is just a few years older than me but we act the same age. Now four years later she is the shoulder for me to cry on as mine is for her.

The point is a building downtown where we trained. There's also a bar and Persephone and I meet up there all the time.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Ellis watching a movie and on his phone.

"Hey".

"Hi" he still looked tired.

I walked over to my closet. Simple. A black long sleeve shirt with brown slackers and black pointed heels. I quickly did my makeup and hair.

 I quickly did my makeup and hair