Do they ever drink anything else other than sake? Like Bourbon for example

Anime episode: 43

                                                                           Anime episode: 43

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update, I was studying. And I suck at math so... That meant learning things I should have already known at this point, to be honest.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for 700+ readers, it means a lot, and I hope you're enjoying the story so far.

I'd love to read and respond to any of your comments!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akira wasn't much of a drinker, or at least not as much as Gintoki. She had her fair share of experience and knew her limit, preferring not to overindulge. Unlike him, who seemed to intentionally push the boundaries of his tolerance whenever they went out for a drink.

Furthermore, she was a very picky drinker. She couldn't stomach overly bitter drinks, and her taste leaned more towards the sweet side. Yes, it might sound like something Gintoki would enjoy, but she couldn't stand bitter liquids.

Her favorite drink had to be bourbon.

To her, it was the perfect balance of flavors and warmth. The rich, slightly sweet notes of bourbon were a far cry from the sharp bitterness she disliked.

Back in the Joui War, getting a good drink was a rare luxury. The only alcohol available, if they could even get any in the first place, was often bitter and low-quality.

For Akira, this meant enduring the harsh taste of cheap drinks, something she despised. She hated the way the bitter liquid rolled down her tongue, causing her throat muccleses to tense as she forced the drink down.

Akira didn't go drinking often, but when she did, she made sure not to get too drunk. Since she was the one often responsible for getting Gintoki back home safely when he was completely wasted.

Although it was convenient to have Otose's snack shop right underneath their home, they occasionally liked to visit different places for a change of scenery.

Unfortunately for her, if she did get wasted, it most time ended up in a disaster. You see, she was a sad drunk. Whenever her brain began to feel fuzzy, and everything started to spin like a carousel, it would often lead to tears. She cried a lot, triggered by small things. Like, for example, one time someone accidentally knocked her drink on her Yukata and she went into a rampage. Sometimes, she would just get lost in her thoughts, and she'd start thinking about the past, which never ended well. 

When she would wake up, she would find herself on the sofa, wrapped in Gintoki's arms. Both of their yukata's wet from her tears and snot.

It was the fucking worst, and so embarrassing too.