Never believe kids when they promise to take responsibility for their pets

Anime episode: 10

                                                                  Anime episode: 10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just another normal day, or as normal as it could be, at least for someone like Akira. She had ventured out to get some strawberry milk and chocolates after losing in Monopoly to Gintoki. She found the whole game to be utterly pointless, especially since they shared a bank account.

It wasn't like he actually gained anything for free; it was still his money.

Akira sulked on her way back, ignoring everything around her. For heaven's sake, she despised being outside. Not only was it scorching hot, but she also loathed socializing.

Even something as simple as going to a store had her yearning to hide under her blanket and begging Gintoki to do it instead.

"He was cheating, there's no way in hell that unlucky bastard had won something," she cursed under her breath, which received some strange glances from people on the street.

The only thing she wanted to do in that bad mood was take a long, nice nap that would make her forget about her humiliating loss.

So try to imagine how she must have felt when she opened the door to her home and was met with the sight of a giant-ass dog biting Gintoki's and Shinpachi's heads off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn that dog," Gintoki muttered, rubbing his head where Sadaharu had chomped down. "Well, guess we have no choice. Until we find someone to adopt him, I'll allow Shigeo to stay here."

"It's not Shigeo! It's Sadaharu," Shinpachi corrected, tending to his own head injury.

"Shit, so you named it already?" Akira muttered, still in disbelief. She fixed a stern gaze on Gintoki. "I hope you understand what that means. That thing ain't leaving now."

"Doesn't matter," he urged. "Once we found another owner, Tatsunori is out of here!"

"I said it's Sadaharu!" Shinpachi reiterated, clearly annoyed.

"Sadaharu is so cute! Why don't you like him!?" Kagura chimed in, hugging the neck of the giant furry monster.

Gintoki, unfazed by their arguments, crossed his arms. "Men can't believe what women call 'cute.'"

Kagura scoffed at his words and redirected her attention to Shinpachi. "Shinpachi, are you like that too? Wearing the kind of glasses an otaku who's into cutesy girls would wear. And yet you're into sexy women!?"