Give me a gorilla! Give me a stalker! And what do you get!? Gorilla Stalker!

Anime episode: 8

                                                                                 Anime episode: 8

   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Akira!" Gintoki called from the kitchen, his voice breaking through the intense atmosphere of the TV show. Akira's eyes snapped away from the screen, her heart pounding from the adrenaline-fueled drama she had been absorbed in.

She quirked a brow, her lips forming a thin line out of annoyance. "What? Can't you see I'm watching TV!?"

"Obviously not!" Gintoki snapped, his voice tinged with mock irritation. He glared in the direction of the living room, even though she was out of his viewpoint. "What do you take me for? A math teacher? I don't have eyes on my back!"

Rolling her ice-blue eyes at his theatrics, she sighed. "Sorry about that, it's just that I've got emotional from watching One Piece. Usopp and Luffy got into a fight and I'm crying my eyes out."

"Pfft, loser," Gintoki scoffed, a cocky smirk playing on his lips. "I'm already at the Wano arc. Though I'm kinda jealous too, since the Water Seven arc was really good. Man, I wish I could go back to watching it for the first time."

"Don't we all?" She commented, a wistful smile tugging at her lips. "Anyways, what did you want?"

Closing the fridge, Gintoki scraped the back of his head. "I was about to go shopping. Wanted to ask you if you need anything."

Akira glanced back at Gintoki, her annoyance giving way to a softer expression.

"Shopping, huh?" She considered for a moment, her eyes narrowing playfully. "Well, we're running low on instant ramen, and maybe some more of that chocolate you like. Oh, and don't forget to buy some vegetables for once. We can't survive on junk food alone."

Gintoki chuckled. "Alright, alright, vegetables it is. I'll even pick out some of those weird ones you like."

"Good." Akira grinned, settling the control of the TV down. "And since our budget is a bit higher than usual, grab a few volumes if you find any good deals on manga. It'll give us something to read while we stuff our faces with ramen."

"Deal," he said, reaching for the door handle. "I'll be back in a bit. Don't miss me too much."

"Try not to get into any trouble out there," Akira teased. "I don't want to have to bail you out again."

The wavey-haired man scowled. "It was only one time!"

Just as he was about to go out, the door was slammed open in his face, causing him to drop into the floor. 

Shifting around, Akira saw that the intruder was none other than Shinpachi and his older sister, who was fuming her soul out like a kettle. 

Once she realized the older woman was staring at her with an expressionless face, she forced a sickeningly sweet smile that could make any person shit in their pants. "I hope we aren't a bother, but could you two scoot some of your time? I need help with something."