Chapter twelve

I'm walking to Sarina's office. To anyone else it probably looks like I'm on a mission, that's because I am. At breakfast I had an amazing idea. And if Sarina agrees to it, Rosie could be happier than she would be.

*knock knock*

"Come in" I hear Sarina say through the door as I place my hand on the door handle and turn it. Opening the door I look towards Sarina

"I have a question"

 Rosie's POV

I think out of all the years I've had to wake up on this day knowing what happened years ago. This one is the hardest.

This is the first time where people actually care about me. They want to know what's wrong but I can't talk about it not yet. I've barely told Leah Beth Viv and Katie and I live with them.

I know at some point I will be able to talk about it just not at the minute. I was awake this morning when Leah woke up. She didn't know I didn't want her to ask the same question everyone asks me 'are you ok?'.

All I want to do is lie in bed all day. But I know I can't. We've got the final of the first ever Arnold Clark Cup tonight. Plus all of my school friends and teammates are coming. I think they invited some other people as well.

Even once I was fully awake I just lied there. I held my favourite bear in my arms wishing he was here with me right now. 7 years ago today, my dad, my hero, was hit by a drunk driver on his way home from work. He didn't deserve it and the man who crashed into him got a lengthy prison sentence but I still hate him and the world for taking my inspiration away from me.

He was always the one cheering me on, even if I was playing terribly. He would drive me to training sessions two hours away just so I could get better and try to make my mum proud of me. If he was here right now I think he'd be crying, with how far I've come and how much people have believed in me, especially Jonas and Sarina, I have everything to thank them for.

I'm still in bed now, the doors opening, I hope it's not one of the other girls. No offence to them. I just don't think I'll be able to keep it up if they ask me if I'm ok. I squint my eyes open and see Beth out of the corner of my eye. She's taking her shoes off. And now she's getting in bed next to me.

I'm glad it's only Beth, she kind of knows why I'm not feeling it today. Well from what I told her I know Leah probably told her the full thing. I know I can count on Beth to not say anything, even with her big loud mouth, I know she would never do that to me.

I just want to cry, not that Beth's here, I'm not alone. With my eyes still closed I turned and put my head into her chest. As soon as her arms wrapped around me I burst into tears. She doesn't say anything for a minute or two, just holds me tighter into her, like she's protecting me from the world. After a bit she starts speaking things into my ear, trying to get me to calm down a bit.

"Hey Roro, it's going to be ok, I know it will," She says quietly ",you need to calm down sunshine, I promise you i'll stay here as long as you need me"

My tears start to slow down and my breathing starts to even out, bringing my arms from around my teddy and bringing them around Beth.

"You'll be ok, I promise" She says, kissing the top of my head. After a few moments, I whisper towards her not fully trusting my voice