42| Someday

Ugbad Mahamad Nurs Pov

"Don't marry him, Ugbad," Fatima suddenly blurts out. I know I asked her a million times what she thinks, even though she didn't want to tell me her opinion at all. But I never expected this; she disapproves of it.

"What?" I say, feeling the shock in my face. Why does she think I shouldn't marry him?

"Uggy, don't misunderstand me. I really want the best for you, but you are rushing into this!" she says while gently stroking my hand.

"So help me understand," I say to her, looking at her with a questioning expression.

"Uggy, Jaxton seems like a great guy. He really seems to care about you. But you are too young; I mean, you're 18 years old," she says.

I immediately respond with, "Yes, but we love each other. And I know we'll make it work. Plus, it's Sunnah to marry young."

Fatima takes a deep breath. "Uggy, you and him haven't talked for weeks. You always end up in arguments, and your communication is incredibly poor. He loves you, yes, but he is also immature."

"Fatima, don't call him immature—" before I can finish my sentence, she interjects again, "Uggy, you're immature too. Neither of you is exactly ready for a commitment," she adds.

Her words sink deep, could she be right? "Well, maybe if you look at it a different way?" I say, struggling to put my words together.

"Babes, we don't need another way. It's just the way things have turned out," she says.

I'm silent. I gaze blankly around the room, thinking about whether she might actually be right. Jaxton and I love each other, but are we too young? Too young to handle marriage?

"I'm telling you this because I don't want you to get married and then find out you can't talk to him, and you end up in a divorce," she says, and I understand her.

Fatima's words continue to echo in my mind, I can't help but question the path I'm on.

Despite the doubts creeping in, I still love Jaxton, and he loves me. I can't deny that. It's that love that has fueled my belief that we can overcome anything, that we can defy the odds. But what if, in our youthful determination, we're simply setting ourselves up for heartache and disappointment?

I turn to Fatima and finally manage to find my voice. "You know, Fatima, I never imagined having this conversation with you. I thought we had it all figured out. But now, I'm not so sure. You make valid points about our age and our communication issues."

Fatima nods, understanding my turmoil. "Uggy, I just want you to be happy. Marriage is a significant commitment, and it's not to be taken lightly. It's not just about love; it's about compatibility, communication, and shared goals. I've seen too many rushed marriages end in pain and heartbreak."

I realize that I need to step back and assess our situation more objectively. "I appreciate your honesty, Fatima. I need some time to think, to talk with Jaxton, and to figure out if this is truly the right path for us. I don't want to make a hasty decision that I might regret later."

Fatima smiles warmly, her concern for my well-being evident. "That's all I want, Uggy. Take your time, and don't rush into anything. Your happiness is what matters most."

Yeah, he is coming over tomorrow...

-----------

I find myself in a whirlwind of emotions, torn between the love I have for him and the doubts that Fatima has raised. The impending decision feels like an impending storm. As the hours tick away, I must make a choice, and I know its an important one that will shape my future.